Manufacturing Higher Apprentice
- Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 2ER
- £17,500. Increasing to £19,500 in Year 2
- Closing date
- 31 Mar 2023
- FMCG & Manufacturing
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Higher
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
What will the apprentice be doing?
A crucial role in the day to day production and distribution of our quality products. Our Higher Apprenticeships in Manufacturing are an ideal opportunity if you are interested in the different stages involved in efficient food production.
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will play a crucial role in the day to day production and distribution of our quality products.
- You will gain a clear understanding of the key manufacturing processes including planning, safe machinery operation and resource and people management.
- You will forge close links with other functions within the business such as Technical, Development, Finance and Human Resources so you will require good communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- You will learn how to set up and manage projects using relevant tools and techniques and understand process management.
- You will gain an understanding of business development tools (eg SWOT) and approaches to continuous improvement.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will attain an Operations/Departmental Manager Level 5 standard.
- Full support and training will be provided to help you progress quickly. Depending on the site, the scheme may offer placements within a factory based role with responsibility for a team, running production lines, quality and output costs.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- At the end of your programme, if you have successfully completed your apprenticeship and achieved the performance targets the we have set for you, you are guaranteed a permanent role with us.
- Future career aspirations could be Team Leader, Section Manager, Factory Manager or Operations Manager to name a few.
Desired skills and personal qualities
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Administrative skills
- Number skills
- Team working
- GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A* - C or 9 - 4) essential
- GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A* - C or 9 - 4) essential
- A Level or equivalent Any subjects (Grade A - C) desirable
Expected apprenticeship duration: 2 years
Apprenticeship Standard: Operations / departmental manager
Apprenticeship level: Higher Level Apprenticeship Level 5 (Higher national diploma)
Training provider: University of Lincoln
Expected start date: 06/09/2021
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Salary: £17,500 in Year 1, increasing to £19,500 in Year 2.
We're the biggest name you've never heard of! You've probably eaten our food- you just didn't realise it. Because as global leaders in the fresh prepared food industry, we create innovative products, including meals, soups, dips, salads, desserts, pizzas and bread for customers including Tesco, M&S, Sainsbury's and Waitrose in the UK. We're ambitious. We're full of ideas and we're ready for more people who share our passion for quality food to join us. Bakkavor is the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with a growing international presence in the US and China. We are number one in the UK in the four product categories of meals, salads, desserts, and pizza & bread, providing high-quality, fresh, healthy, and convenient food. We have over 19,000 employees, our headquarters are in London and we have 23 factories in the UK, 5 in the US and 9 in China.
5th Floor, 8 Mortimer Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert