Apprentice Customer Engagement Advisor
- Kent Training & Apprenticeships
- Dartford, Kent
- £180.38 per week
- Closing date
- 31 Mar 2023
- Sales / Customer Service
- Role Type
- Start Date
Do you like the idea of working in the financial sector, dealing with currency exchange on the international market? Currencies 4 You are an international company in the Foreign exchange markets.Their office locations include the UK, Spain, and Portugal and plans to develop offices in Dubai and Canada. The world is really your oyster here. The company prides themselves on providing excellent customer service and with professional expertise. You have the opportunity of a great career here with long term prospects and even a possibility of working abroad.
Train service to Dartford thereafter a 10-15 min walk to the office. Bus links nearby.
Description of Vacancy
As part of our team, you will be involved in business development and have responsibility for the needs of individual private and corporate clients. You will assist in growing the business through own lead generation and identifying new clients. You’ll have responsibility for contacting clients to offer services and maintain excellent customer relations. You will be dealing with customers predominantly on the phones but there are also trade exhibitions you will attend.
Responsibilities to include:
- Call potential customers and keep up to date database
- Gain a full understanding of services to enable you to discuss with potential new clients
- Gain an understanding of international currency markets
- Provide excellent customer service via e-mail, telephone and internal messaging systems
- Day to day use of Microsoft Office- Outlook, Word and Excel
- Identify and manage customer expectations
- Deal with customer needs over the phone
- Provide customers with advice, guidance and support
- Helping with customer issues and provide after care.
- Data Analysis and financial evaluation
- Contribute to daily briefings
- Working closely with other departments to ensure everything is managed accurately and efficiently
£180.38 per week.
Monday to Friday (No weekends)
9am to 5.30pm
2 x 15 mins paid break morning and afternoon, 1 hour lunch unpaid
Training time allocated 1.5 hours daily
37.5 hours paid per week
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as "Off the Job Training"
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent numeracy essential
- Problem solving skills
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office
- Good telephone skills
- Positive attitude with a strong work ethic
- Driven and determined individual
- Enquiring mind and enthusiasm to learn
- Well organised
- Excellent attention to detail
GCSE Level 4/5 (or Grade A-C) in English and Maths, or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard - Customer Services Practitioner Level 2 Standard will establish an Apprentice's skills to deliver high quality service to customers both internally and externally. The Apprenticeship will incorporate knowledge of customers and the customer experience, understanding the organisation, its products/services and their role and responsibilities. Regular work-based assessments/observations carries out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2022, the NMW for Apprentices is £4.81 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert