Business Administration Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- Greenock, Inverclyde
- £13,500 per annum
- Closing date
- 8 Apr 2023
- Retail, Unspecified
- Role Type
- Start Date
PG Papers are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Junior to support their busy team. They are looking for candidates with a keen interest in working within a busy office environment, learning business processes and supporting our operational teams with administration tasks.
The successful candidate must be an Inverclyde resident and be able to start work in Head Office, Greenock as soon as possible.
Key tasks will include:
- Carrying out research on behalf of our operational team
- Handling the Samples Management in the Order management process
- Creating and editing documents in MS Office software
- Updating the ERP system
- Updating, organising and filing documents both hard copy and soft copy
- Assisting with general office admin duties
- Opening mail, answering the telephone and dealing with calls from clients and suppliers
- Handling & filing receipts and records to assist with expenses and audits
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills, professional and articulate as many contacts do not have English as their first language
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimum direction
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask
- Strong IT skills, with a good understanding of MS Office packages
- Qualifications at National 4 and National 5 or above
Regarding progression, depending on the apprentices performance during the apprenticeship, there will be scope to offer them a full-time position in a department/ function that will be best suited to their interests.
We are an equal-opportunity, diverse and inclusive employer and take great pride in the training and skills development of our selected apprentices and would be keen to retain them if they showcase the same hardworking and professional ethics during the course of their apprenticeship.
Additional company benefits include Annual Christmas parties, external event invites, pension enrolment if opted in (we have not mentioned these previously so will leave it up to you).
Recognise yourself? Are you ready to step it up a notch and reach for the stars with one of the paper industry's most dynamic and progressive companies?
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert