Cyber Security Technologist Apprentice (iCyberDefence)
- Estio Training
- London (Greater)
- £20,000 PA
- Closing date
- 8 Apr 2023
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist
Weekly Hours Worked 40 hours per week
About the company:
iCyberDefence has grown from strength-to-strength since 2017 and expanded its cybersecurity services to its global customers. We pride ourselves in having a team ethos and employee-centric environment.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Cyber Security Technologist with iCyberDefence a Cyber Security company based in Paddington.
We are seeking a customer focused and passionate security analyst to join our Security Operations Team.
As a Security Analyst, you will manage cyber security incident management. You will report on cyberthreats and implement any changes needed to protect the organisation. You will be self-motivated, a natural problem solver and able to follow the process for ticketing systems as well as the capacity to work in a fast-paced environment,
It is essential to have a passion for technology and provide outstanding customer service.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
This is what you will have learned by the end of the apprenticeship:
- Providing efficient and effective customer service to end users and other stakeholders. Logging and maintaining support issues detail throughout a service ticket lifecycle. Responding appropriately to more complex problems through escalation. Prioritisation and management of workload to ensure client SLAs are met Threat and vulnerability analysis. Conduct proactive threat research. Investigating, documenting, and reporting on any information security (InfoSec) issues as well as emerging trends. Monitoring and response for MDR Platform. Monitoring and response for XDR Platform. Monitoring and response for Email Protection. Monitoring and response for SAAS protection tools. Analysis and response to previously unknown hardware and software vulnerabilities. Preparing disaster recovery plans. Updating firewall & cyber security software tools. Ensure service excellence for all Service Delivery and Incident Response services. Ability to provide technical and service leadership to T1 analysts. Monitor security incidents received from SIEM and other security tooling. Carry out Tier 1 triage of assigned security incidents within appropriate skill level. Carry out incident response on medium and low complexity security incidents (P3 & P4). Maintain assigned ticket queue. Participate actively in the resolution of high complexity incidents, even after they are escalated (P1 & P2) Maintain Security Operations documentation. Contribute to Incident Response investigations working with the Incident Response team. Assist in the development and improvement of processes for incident detection, analysis and response. Daily security incident investigation and resolution.
- Developing and Implementing Organisation-Wide Security Protocols.
- Work with the Cyber Security Manager and other IT teams to achieve and maintain the security requirements to meet compliance with NIS and ISO 9001/27001 trajectory, and other requirements adopted by the organisation. Work with the Infrastructure Manager and Service Manager in defining security baselines for systems and infrastructure.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Experience working in an IT environment – or similar experience e.g. IT service desk, Security Analyst. Experience in handling of incident response for organisations. Experience working with SIEM technologies. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and internal staff, at all levels and across different functional areas. Experience in the collections, parsing and analysis of technical artefacts from Windows operating systems. Understanding of common Intrusion Analysis models (MITRE ATT&CK) and ability to apply them to analysis and reporting. Good knowledge of the programming language Golang and Python. Experience with REST APIs. Experience with SQL – particularly PostgreSQL. Knowledge of Unit Testing. Able to understand business requirements and transform technical specifications. Collaboration – Experience and willingness to working in a team. Must have a tenacious approach to problem solving, constantly striving for effective solutions. Familiarity with Linux. A passion for or understanding of the importance of cyber security. The ability to analyse problems and communicate thought through solutions.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist, with training in how to:
- Discover potential vulnerabilities, threats and hazards in your systems, services and processes.
- Develop security designs and configure, deploy and use appropriate cyber security technology to protect your business.
- Identify, analyse and develop security cases to defend against potential threats.
- Write program code or scripts to meet a given design requirement that improves your cyber security.
- Understand latest attack techniques and recommend ways to defend against them.
We are an IT and Digital apprenticeship provider, specialising in bringing high quality training to digital apprenticeships across England. We offer level 3 and 4 apprenticeships in IT, Software Development, Software Testing, Cyber Security, Data Analysis, Digital Marketing and Business Analysis.
We bring people together: we partner with employers to create digital apprenticeship opportunities, and work hard to find the talent to fill these roles.
We bring new skills to the nation: our trainers have all worked within the industry, so they’re the best people to transfer the skills you need.
We help you start your dream career: our digital apprenticeships provide you with the skills and qualifications, as well as the experience, you’ll need to kickstart your career in an industry you love
- 01133 500 333
2 New Lane
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert