IT Support Apprentice (Dolphin IT Solutions)
- Estio Training
- Guildford, Surrey
- £14,000 - £16,000 PA
- Closing date
- 30 Mar 2023
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Weekly Hours Worked - 37.5 Hours Per Week
About the company:
Dolphin IT Solutions is a small digital consultancy that helps businesses of all sizes across many sectors. Our services and expertise has remained quite consistent over the last eight years in terms of what we offer. We are very much focused on the Microsoft platform with Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Azure, as well as the WEBCON BPS low code solution platform.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT apprentice with Dolphin IT Solutions, a Digital Consultancy based in Guildford.
Do you want to join a company that offers unlimited opportunities for personal and professional growth? Are you a sharp-minded, go-getter looking to advance your career in an exciting field? If so, we have the perfect role for you, Dolphin IT Solutions Ltd. Is looking to recruit a new member to our helpdesk support team. The role will be for an IT Technical Support Officer who will be tasked with offering 1st line support for our growing list of support clients.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Keep computer systems running smoothly and ensure users get the maximum benefit from them.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
- Support the roll-out of new applications.
- Set up new users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues.
- Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs.
- Work continuously on a task until completion or referral to third parties, if appropriate.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Other skills and experience gained from previous employment in a similar role. Good personable skills and an excellent communicator. Understanding of the Microsoft Office applications.
- Good timekeeper and able to prioritise tasks efficiently. Good team player and able to work well unsupervised. A strong focus on quality assurance. Flexible and adaptable to change.
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage. Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components. Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards. Support the information systems needs for your business.
We are an IT and Digital apprenticeship provider, specialising in bringing high quality training to digital apprenticeships across England. We offer level 3 and 4 apprenticeships in IT, Software Development, Software Testing, Cyber Security, Data Analysis, Digital Marketing and Business Analysis.
We bring people together: we partner with employers to create digital apprenticeship opportunities, and work hard to find the talent to fill these roles.
We bring new skills to the nation: our trainers have all worked within the industry, so they’re the best people to transfer the skills you need.
We help you start your dream career: our digital apprenticeships provide you with the skills and qualifications, as well as the experience, you’ll need to kickstart your career in an industry you love
- 01133 500 333
2 New Lane
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert