This job has expired

Commercial Banking Finance School Leaver Apprenticeship

Lloyds Banking Group Plc
Closing date
12 Apr 2023

View more

Banking & Financial Services
Role Type
Start Date
24 months+

Job Details

You’ll gain a fully funded professional qualification equivalent to a Master’s degree along the way.

What you'll be doing:

Spending time with different teams, you'll get a fantastic insight into our Commercial Banking, Insurance and Group Corporate Treasury (GCT) functions. And whether you're discussing results with our traders, coordinating projects or sharing new ideas, you'll find there's always plenty to get involved with.

Around 20% of your time will be ‘Mandatory Apprenticeship Hours’, which can include workshops, job shadowing, reading, completing assignments, etc. The other 80%, you'll spend applying what you've learned in the workplace, with a manager assigned to support you every step of the way.

We’ll also support your studies towards a Level 7 CIMA qualification, which will broaden your understanding of finance and mean you’ll end the scheme as a fully qualified management accountant.

What we'll be looking for:

•    At least 5 GCSEs (gained or predicted) Grade 4 - 9, including Maths and English Grade 5 or above
•    An inquisitive mind and good problem-solving skills
•    Excellent team-working skills and a collaborative approach
•    Plenty of enthusiasm and self motivation, and a desire to keep on learning
•    An eye for detail and sense of pride when it comes to your work 
•    Resilience under pressure 

What you can expect in return:  

•    A starting salary of £24,579
•    Great bonuses 
•    Generous pension contributions 
•    Flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle 
•    Flexible working options to help you achieve a happy work-life balance 
•    Outstanding opportunities for career progression

How to apply: 

After you've submitted your initial application, we'll ask you to complete an online test and a job Insight assessment. If you are successful, we'll then invite you along to an assessment centre. At each stage, we’ll let you know, as soon as we can, if you've made it to the next.


At Lloyds Banking Group, we’re redefining financial services, and we’re looking for new talent to help our 30 million customers progress in the digital age. Whatever your experiences or background, we’ll help you to embrace your passions and strengths – and to discover new ones.

Whether you’re interested in building relationships with global businesses, developing the next generation of digital banking or leading community projects, you can help us build the bank of the future.

We encourage individuals from every kind of background to apply. And it shows. Recently, we were named a Times Top 50 Employer For Women, and Euromoney awarded us the Best Bank in the World for Diversity and Inclusion.

If you’re looking for a career with impact – we have a job for you.

Discover careers with real impact today.

Get job alerts

Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.

Create alert