- Lifetime Training
- £366.31 - 366.31 per week
- Closing date
- 7 Apr 2023
- Health & Social Care
- Public Sector / Government
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Intermediate
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
If you are interested in a career in health and social care and are passionate about supporting individuals to ensure their voice is heard and rights upheld, this is a fantastic opportunity. This apprenticeship offers the post holder the opportunity to gain the Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship, whilst receiving valuable on the job training and developing new work-placed skills in an organisation committed to your professional success.
Alongside studying towards the Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship with N-compass, you will learn about the role of an Advocate (helping individuals to express their views and wishes and helping them stand up for their rights when dealing with health and social care organisations and professionals). You will also learn about the various types of advocacy including Generic Advocacy, Care Act Advocacy, Independent Mental Health Act Advocacy, Independent Mental Capacity Act Advocacy and NHS Complaints Advocacy.
Upon successful completion of the Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship. Within the first 12 months, dependant on the availability of a post and satisfactory performance, the post holder may be offered the opportunity to take up the permanent role of a Multi Specialist Advocate within the Wirral Team. If this is offered pay progression is available and the post holder would be required and supported to undertake the fully funded Independent Advocacy Qualification.
Through appropriate training the post holder will gain the relevant knowledge and experience enabling them to contribute to the following key tasks, working as directed by the Team Leader -
- Gain an understanding of and work towards providing Advocacy support within relevant frameworks and legislative requirements in a range of settings
- Work towards carrying a caseload of clients offering short term strength-based support according to their instruction including listening to /establishing clients views and wishes and the way that they wish to be supported, helping them to find and understand information relevant to their issue, exploring their options and helping them to make their own decisions
- Work towards providing non-instructed advocacy to those with capacity issues
- Work towards undertaking initial assessments of new referrals and assess risk when arranging meeting venues/home visits
- Signpost clients to alternative sources of support as appropriate
- Support the exit of clients from the service including gathering monitoring information
- Record case activity and case notes onto the case management system within specified timeframes
- Work towards completing reports to a high standard
- Utilise networks and colleagues to keep abreast of advocacy best practice and emerging case law and legislation
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with a wide range of professionals/organisations.
- Promote the service and organisation in a variety of settings
- Carry out day to day administration relevant to the role
- Work within organisational policies and procedures at all times including but not limited to Data Security & Protection, Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities.
- Attendance of regular n-compass staff and Advocacy Service team meetings.
- Attendance of regular informal peer support mechanisms with others throughout the organisation.
- Attendance of regular operational meetings, supervision, and appraisal.
- Complete a personal development plan in conjunction with your Line Manager and take responsibility for achieving its actions.
Lifetime provides award-winning apprenticeship programmes and expert strategy advice. We are specialists in delivering apprenticeships across the Business Services, Management, Health and Social Care, Early Years, Active Leisure, Hospitality and Retail sectors between levels 2 to 5. We’ve developed through organic growth and strategic acquisitions over the last 25 years to become the UK's largest national provider of apprenticeships. We support over 20,000 learners a year, using our extensive knowledge and robust resource. Our team of over 1,000 employees ensures that we provide high quality, national coverage. Lifetime's Head Office houses our Operations 'Support Hub', while our delivery teams of Regional Trainers, English and maths Tutors, Area Managers, and Quality Improvement Coaches are field-based throughout the UK. This ensures that we can offer nationwide coverage with local delivery.
- 0333 014 3669
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert