Engineering (Hardware, Software, Systems) Apprentice
Through our degree apprenticeship you'll be making the most of your talents, getting to understand engineering from the ground up; and doing so with the help of one of the biggest and best names in the industry. With opportunities across England, you'll be working within one of our five core businesses:
- SIX - Secure Information Systems
- AVS - Avionics
- DMS - Defence Mission Systems
- LAS - Land and Air Systems
- GTS - Ground Transportation Systems
As a software apprentice you will be studying towards a BSc in Digital and Technology Solutions, following the Software Engineering Pathway. For the duration of this 4 year programme you will be given one day per week in which to complete your studies. For the other 4 days you will be working in the business, applying your university learning and gaining a breadth of experience across the engineering function.
This programme requires a commitment of 2 evenings per week in order to join the university virtual classroom sessions. At the end of the apprenticeship you be working as a software engineer within one of the Thales UK businesses.
We have opportunities in Crawley and Templecombe.
- To design, implement and test software solutions in accordance with Thales procedures
- To deliver tasks set by others on time and to the required quality
- To work as a team-player asking for guidance and direction where necessary
- To develop knowledge and skills within the software development field
- To effectively communicate engineering issues related to own tasks
- To attend University (weekly) and complete degree course
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good use of initiative.
- We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are motivated, committed and keen to learn. A self-starter who is able to manage their time, show initiative and has a genuine interest in engineering and Thales.
- Whilst you will be fully supported to undertake and complete your university studies, this programme does require a personal commitment of study in your own time. Successful candidates will show self-discipline and an aspiration to achieve a degree qualification.
Predicted or achieved 104 UCAS points (260 UCAS points from old tariff) from top 3 A Level grades including Maths or completion of a Level-3 apprenticeship/professional qualification in a relevant discipline.Future prospects On completion of the apprenticeship, individuals will have opportunity to apply for Incorporated Engineer (IEng) status with the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET). There will be scope to progress onto chartered status, which is an internationally recognised benchmark of competence within the engineering industry. Thales is a diverse global business with opportunities across the globe. We offer exciting, varied and challenging careers, and have good levels of internal mobility in order to support our employees to build their career within Thales. Things to consider All applicants will be expected to: • Confirm their ability to travel to and from this place of work • Confirm their understanding of the apprenticeship scheme • Have a passion to study the qualification and a good understanding of the profession • Research the company before applying for this vacancy • Understand the job role and long term career opportunities PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS.