IT Service Desk Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- BH12 4NZ, Poole
- £14,000 per annum.
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
VIZST Technology is a privately owned technology company that provides organisations with the solutions they need to grow stronger and smarter. Our proven track record of expertise and experience combined with our drive for exceptional customer service speaks for itself with the range of clients we look after across many different sectors.
Our drive to build deep relationships and form close strategic partnerships ensures we design solutions with technology that delivers on the ambitions of our clients.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete an IT systems and networking - Azure Cloud Support Specialist - Level 3 Apprenticeship.
The Vizst service team is responsible for supporting and maintaining clients’ IT systems and for providing efficient desktop support to all business users.
The team is responsible for resolving any IT-related faults quickly and efficiently in-line with SLAs, which includes a broad range of queries.
- Providing end-user, desktop support
- Supporting and maintaining MS Server/Desktops
- Supporting and maintaining Office 365 Solutions and GSuite Solutions
- Escalate IT issues within the team where necessary
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
- Installing authorised software to laptops and desktops
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied to desktops and laptops, servers and network infrastructure and security devices are kept up to date
- Troubleshoot desktop and system problems, diagnose and solve hardware/software Incidents/problems
- Incident and problem management
- Provide exceptional Service support to the business
What we are looking for:
- Communication: Excellent communication skills and a strong communicator at all levels including at senior business level
- Attention to detail: Has excellent attention to detail Calm: Remains calm and clear headed under pressure
- Organisation: Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Proactive: Approach to work and to continuous improvement
- Good organisational, time management and prioritisation skills
- Strong written and verbal skills and the ability to produce clear and accurate documentation (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- The ability to communicate confidently and clearly to customers both face to face and over the telephone
- Willingness to travel as required to other company sites for the purpose of onsite support
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
£14,000 per annum.
40hrs per week.
- 25 days holiday
- Free lunch on Wednesdays
- Additional benefits are available if an apprentice becomes a permanent employee
There is a potential opportunity for a full-time role and further career development upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert