Apprentice Product Administrator
- QA Apprenticeships
- SN3 4YH, Swindon
- £15,000 - £19,000 per annum.
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Who you’ll be working for:
ZPos is a rapidly expanding company that supplies products and services to restaurants and takeaways. We predominantly sell e-commerce websites facilitating the online ordering of takeaway meals as well as the supply of EPoS Systems, printing and digital signage. We have offices in Crowthorne and Swindon, with a computer shop in Bracknell.
We are looking to keep up with the demand for our services by hiring a meticulous Product Administrator to maintain, enter and improve our client’s online product databases.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills and experience as you complete a Data Essentials - Level 3 Apprenticeship.
We have an extensive client base made up of takeaways, restaurants, and other e-commerce websites. Whereas data entry will be a daily responsibility, this is by no means just a data-entry role. Every menu to enter into our platform is a puzzle which cannot be taken at face value.
You must be able to see beyond what is actually written to produce a better representation of the available products, this will often involve proposing alterations to the client to maximise their sales potential.
You will be in a team of five, and will report to the Product Administration Team Leader, and will work with them to prioritise and complete your work to a high standard within the proposed deadlines.
We are a small company and as such you will be required to assist in, and be a part of, other tasks/activities such as liaising with clients and providing basic technical support.
You will be responsible for:
- Inputting products to an online database.
- Reviewing restaurant menus for errors and fixing them, whilst proactively proposing beneficial tweaks.
- Answering phone calls and performing customer service duties, including keeping clients up to date with the status of tasks.
- Testing and monitoring our EPoS, websites, and marketing promotions (including printed media, mailshots, and discount codes).
- Managing product inventories and configurations for EPoS systems.
- Liaising with clients via telephone and email, to provide support and facilitate their requests, both planned and unplanned.
- Referring to an in-house project management system to manage, prioritise and organise your tasks.
- Assisting with pro-actively monitoring client orders, ensuring they have been successfully received in a timely manner. This will involve troubleshooting and passing orders over the phone on occasions.
- Providing a basic level of technical support to ensure clients can use our platforms.
What we are looking for:
You will need the following skills:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Maintaining a level head and working effectively under pressure
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Friendly, outgoing and have a proactive attitude
- Excellent organisation skills
- English is not the predominant language for the majority of our clients, so patience is a must for this role
- IT literate, with proficiency in the Microsoft suite including Word & Excel
- Good at identifying and solving problems/mistakes logically
- Have an analytical mind with the creative ability to think outside of the box
- Experience working to flexible deadlines
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
The starting annual salary will be set between £15,000 - £19,000 per annum, depending on knowledge and experience.
The core working hours are 37.5 per week,
Monday - Friday,
9:30am - 6:00pm.
- Brand new office space, with an in-office coffee shop, shower facilities and air conditioning
- Welcoming staffroom with games machines
- Competitive holiday allowance, with your birthday off work
- Free onsite parking
- Discount on purchases from the Project Coffee franchise
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there is the opportunity to gain full-time employment, for the right person.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert