Service Desk Agent Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- NE31 2EX, Hebburn
- £12,000 per annum.
- Closing date
- 17 Apr 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
We provide award winning IT Support, with a 98% client retention rate over 15 years of operation.
Formed in 2006, ITC Service has an outstanding customer retention rate. Companies who use us for the first time keep on using us, year after year. What do we stand for at ITC? Integrity, Trust & Communication.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete an IT systems and networking - Azure Cloud Support Specialist - Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Purpose of the Role: [will be to:]
- Troubleshoot and fix various hardware items in the workshop and over the telephone
- Update each ticket in Autotask with full and comprehensive notes of all actions taken
- Keep the workshop area clean and tidy, free from cardboard and other waste
- Escalate relevant incidents to the support teams and account managers
- Follow technical instruction and policy within the department
Key objectives of the role: [will be to:]
- Support with Microsoft Windows 7, 8 & 10 Desktop Devices
- Support the Microsoft Office 2010, 13 & 16 applications
- Support the wide range of hardware and peripheral devices within the customer’s estate
- Troubleshoot, fact find and resolve issues brought into the workshops
- Manage and update the call queue with within agreed targets
- Carry out other activities as required by the service and post
What we are looking for:
Experience with / Knowledge of:
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8 & 10 Desktop Devices
- Microsoft Office 2010, 13 & 16 applications
- Supporting a wide range of hardware and peripheral devices
- Supporting Apple products
- A helpdesk environment
- Connectwise software to manage tickets and workload
Skills and qualities:
- To have excellent communication skills with customers & peers
- To be self-motivated and able to manage your own workload
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
With our career progression pathways, you can take your learning as far as you want – all the way from a Level 3 apprenticeship to a Bachelor or Masters degree, completely debt-free.
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert