IT Service Desk Engineer Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- RG2 0NA, Reading
- £21,255 per annum.
- Closing date
- 17 Apr 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Ultima business is a forward thinking IT partner for businesses that need to increase productivity by doing more with less, or want to support business growth, we provide business IT services that make technology a positive asset for your organisation. Unlike many traditional 'resellers', we make IT work harder by better aligning it with the overall goals of your business. Our strategic solution areas are built on Intelligent Automation, the Modern Data Centre, Modern Workspace and Security, Assurance & Compliance.
Ultima are recruiting for a proactive IT Support Apprentice, with the aptitude for Technology and customer service, who will be able to provide a friendly, professional and efficient service to each and every customer in line with policies and procedures, ensuring that the customer’s needs are being responded to and escalated in a timely manner.
The main role will be to deliver first class technical support using all tools available to resolve at FPC, striving to improve the team’s knowledge and service levels.
£21,255 per annum.
- Dedicated mentor
- Dress down Fridays
- 21 days annual leave
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Achieve and maintain personal KPI's and contribute to team SLA’s
- Provide a high-class telephone service and meet call quality expectations
- Utilise in-house ITSM tool to accurately and appropriately record and manage tickets
- Look to drive continuous improvement to team processes and procedures
- Review, improve and share knowledge to enhance existing knowledge base
- Operate efficiently in a team environment
- Work effectively and efficiently under pressure in busy periods
- Exceptional time management and punctual in attendance
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
- Excellent levels of both written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organise and plan to ensure all deadlines are met
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills
- An interest in IT is mandatory
- Ability to work to apprenticeship learning timelines i.e. coursework submission
A basic understanding of:
- MS Office Suite, 2013, 2016, 0365
- Ms Office admin
- Google G Suite
- G Suite admin
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Monday to Friday, shift pattern.
[all details will be confirmed upon interview]
37.5hrs a week.
Benefits of the role:
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive accredited training through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with Ultima.
The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised.
The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable. Other benefits include giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
- Progression onto Level 4
- Full time role
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert