Distributed Support Engineer Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- EC2M 7AD, London (Greater)
- £20,000 per annum.
- Closing date
- 17 Apr 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
SCC is Europe's largest privately-owned IT business, based out of the new £7m HQ office in Birmingham and we help clients succeed through IT transformation and exceptional customer experiences. We are a business where innovation is greater as we combine unique ideas, people and disciplines. We are a global company that is passionate about IT and where we look to simplify the complex.
We are actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone.
In order to join SCC, you'll need to be eager to embark on a journey of learning and personal development.
Your role would be to be part of an ever growing and exciting IT company on the wave of change.
SCC will support your journey by providing Mentoring and customer training alongside industry recognised Accreditations on Manufactures such as IBM, HP, DELL etc.
Development potential to be fast tracked to higher level Engineering grades with potential opportunities in the future to move into other roles within SCC.
Role: Distributed Support Engineer Apprentice
Salary Package: £20,000 per annum
Field Service Engineer (Hardware/Software)
- Provide both modular level and component level, professional repair to various PC and printer units
- To adhere to the requirements of the SCH Quality Management System
- To adhere to the requirements of the SCC/BA Health and Safety policy
- Any other duties as assigned by your line manager
- Provide technical support to other Managed services functions.
- Conform to manufactures warranty processes and the repair and maintain of hardware (PC’s, Laptops, Printers, and associated peripherals).
- Use SCC Dynamics 365 tool to check and update allocated calls in a timely manner to achieve any required SLA and reflect actual work done in real time.
- Communicate with the Team Leader throughout the day.
- Achieve any set KPI targets.
- Assist Engineers in Airport operations
- Be available for occasional out of hours or weekend work when required
- Must be able to embrace modern technologies and adapt to change
- Understand and adhere to all Customer local site-specific Fire, Security and Health & Safety regulations and take responsibility for health & safety in the workplace
- Maybe required to attend or work at an alternative Customer location
- Conduct any other reasonable request as requested by your line management
- Respond to any requests for information from your line management in a timely manner
- Always represent SCC in a presentable, professional, and positive manner
- Be compliant with SCC system policies, company policies & guidelines
Hardware related equipment:
- Lenovo ThinkPad
- Lenovo & Other Desktop PC’s
- Printers – Laser
- Printers - Inkjet
- Printers - Dot Matrix
- Telex/ROTTY printers
- ATB Printers
- Desktop Peripherals
- Swipe card/Symbol guns
- ATB Printers
Skills, Clearances, Knowledge and Experience:
- To have worked in a similar workshop environment for a minimum of 1-2 years
- Working knowledge in the repair of IBM laptop and desktop devices
- Working knowledge in the repair of Ticketing and Baggage printing devices
- Proficient in industry standard hardware items
- Knowledgeable in IT best practices and procedures
- General understanding of ITIL terminology and practices
- Customer focus
- SCC Technical test min score 85%
- Various Clearances are a requirement desirable
- Must gain airside clearance
- Eligible to work in UK
- Well organised, conscientious, and hard working
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to adapt to fluctuating work demands and multiple priorities
Must have full UK driving Licence - it's required to perform the role.
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
- An inclusive workplace
- Excellent package: solid basic and company benefits
- Hybrid working in line with role requirements
- Career development and life-long learning opportunities
- Opportunity to join Europe's largest privately-owned IT Company
We are an equal opportunities employer:
SCC is committed to providing equal opportunities and a proactive and inclusive approach to equality and diversity in employment. No applicant or employee will be treated less favourably than another on the grounds of a protected characteristic which are defined as sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender reassignment, trade union membership or non-membership, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race and religion or belief.
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert