Distributed Support Engineer Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- M17 1HQ, Greater Manchester
- £20,000 per annum
- Closing date
- 17 Apr 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
SCC is Europe's largest privately-owned IT business, based out of the new £7m HQ office in Birmingham and we help clients succeed through IT transformation and exceptional customer experiences. We are a business where innovation is greater as we combine unique ideas, people and disciplines. We are a global company that is passionate about IT and where we look to simplify the complex.
We are actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone.
In order to join SCC, you'll need to be eager to embark on a journey of learning and personal development.
Your role would be to be part of an ever growing and exciting IT company on the wave of change.
SCC will support your journey by providing Mentoring and customer training alongside industry recognised Accreditations on Manufactures such as IBM, HP, DELL etc.
Development potential to be fast tracked to higher level Engineering grades with potential opportunities in the future to move into other roles within SCC.
Role: Distributed Support Engineer Apprentice
Salary Package: £20,000 per annum
Field Service Engineer (Hardware/Software)
You will in due course attend customer sites to provide support of IT hardware and software product failures in the field and would travel around in a company supplied vehicle to execute repairs and fixes within the required Service Level Agreements we have for our customers.
- Ensure all Apprentice assignments and SCC training is completed relevant to development requirements.
- Attend Training classes
- To diagnose, replace and repair a variety of PC products both hardware and software based in the field.
- Assist other engineers in the delivery of service to our customers.
- Communicate with Call Administration and the Branch throughout the day to effectively manage all call details real time and gain full understanding of the customer’s requirements.
- Complete part movements (RMA generation & physical movement) in a timely manner.
- Work a certain amount of overtime when required to do so.
- Must be able to embrace new technologies and adapt to change.
- Carry out any other reasonable work as requested by your line management
- Represent SCC in a professional and positive manner at all times
- Respond to any requests for information from your line management in a timely manner
What we are looking for:
We require passion, determination, resilience, communication, willingness to learn, and the ability to work autonomously.
- Be compliant with management system policies, company policies & guidelines and take responsibility for health & safety in the workplace
- Must be professional and presentable at all times.
- Must have full UK driving Licence where required to perform the role.
SC Clearance is required.
Adhere to Health and Safety Regulations:
- Customer First
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
- An inclusive workplace
- Excellent package: solid basic and company benefits
- Hybrid working in line with role requirements
- Career development and life-long learning opportunities
- Opportunity to join Europe's largest privately-owned IT Company
We are an equal opportunities employer:
SCC is committed to providing equal opportunities and a proactive and inclusive approach to equality and diversity in employment. No applicant or employee will be treated less favourably than another on the grounds of a protected characteristic which are defined as sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender reassignment, trade union membership or non-membership, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race and religion or belief.
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert