Tata Consultancy Services is an Indian multinational information technology services and consulting company with its headquarters in Mumbai. It is a part of the Tata Group and operates in 150 locations across 46 countries. In July 2022, it was reported that TCS had over 600,000 employees worldwide.
Due to continued growth we are looking to hire 3 x ICT Network Apprentices.
The IT Service Desk will be the first point of contact for providing technical support to the accounts designated users. Activities require a competent aptitude for working with applications / computer systems / handheld devices and to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of issues which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues to their desired resolution.
£20,000 per annum.
40 hours per week.
- Keying the incidents from Client ticket system to Partners ticket system and vice versa
- Coordinate end to end with various parties for printer incident closure within SLA
- Printer calls / log analysis
- Printer availability report preparation and analysis
- Liaising with third Party suppliers and managing printer issues for resolution
- Day-to-day Management of First line technical service desk on printer incidents to respond to internal/external customer incidents and queries via email and phone
- Monitor the Printer incidents through internal monitoring systems
- Maintain ongoing communication on the printer incident updates to customers provided by 2nd and 3rd line support teams
- Ticket management of Printer Incidents and New Printer Requests
- Pro-actively assist customers to avoid or reduce problem recurrence
- Act as an escalation point agent when difficult or controversial calls/ tickets that are received.
- Provide and assist other analysts
- Review and acknowledge service requests as per process
- Take overall responsibility for service request handling
- Act as a further escalation point for the coordinators.
- To act as a single point of contact for phone calls, chat, portals and emails etc. from staff regarding IT issues and queries not limited to printer tickets
- Receiving, logging and managing calls/chat/self-service portal/tickets to their conclusion from internal staff via telephone and email
- Responsible for troubleshooting IT related issues such as but not limited to software / applications to hardware, such as desktops, laptops, printers, and Phones of the accounts designated users
- Log all customer contacts in tool provided and take ownership of incidents to their desired conclusion
- Installation of all applications and resetting passwords to all enterprise applications
- Escalate unresolved calls to various application and infrastructure support teams
- Participate in enterprise application release / maintenance activities on request
- Closely monitor and meet ticket SLA targets
- Effective time / task management, as well as the ability to be flexible and creative on any given task
- Operating within a 24x7 - 365 days as per agreed shift Rota
-- In conjunction with the ‘Purpose of the Role’ statement above, the job incumbent will be required to delivery such services on an operational rotated 24x7x365 shift working basis including Weekend and Night shift.
What we are looking for:
Key skills and knowledge:
- Must be ITIL certified – Preferred
- Quantifiable experience of operating in a face paced moving client facing engagement – Essential
- Constantly seeks to improve technical knowledge and research new product capabilities – Essential
- Possess excellent inter-personnel skills – Essential
- Possess excellent soft skills, verbal, and written communication skills – Essential
- Willingness to participate and lead project meetings with the customer on request – Essential
As well as:
- Sound technical knowledge across the ITSM tools, applications including MS Office, Skype for business, etc.
- Knowledge on scripting will be an added advantage
- Available to support 24x7x365
- Willingness to work on weekends on rotational basis
-- Must be certified Security Cleared or ability to be achieve on application (5 years UK residency minimum stay criteria) -- Essential
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
This is a fully funding apprenticeship worth £15,000.
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.