Sota Solutions is a market-leading IT solutions provider specialising in platform hosting, network infrastructure, data centre and business continuity services for small, medium and large enterprises, public sector organisations, as well as other service providers.
Established for over 30 years and with a £6M turnover and strong balance sheet, the company’s facilities include two data centres, a disaster recovery suite, a network operations centre, located in a highly secure twenty-five-acre science park campus in Kent. Join us and be part of the tech revolution.
Please Note - a successful candidate will be required to drive to customer locations so you will need to have a driving licence.
As part of your IT Apprenticeship role you will provide 1st and 2nd Level Service Desk / Remote Support, basic maintenance and low complexity system builds / installation across the Sota Solutions portfolio of services.
You will shadow existing permanent members of the team, throughout the learning cycle, until either the end of their programme or until they are ready to move on.
Aside from on-going developmental support, your role may be perceived as the equivalent of a Service Desk Analyst or Service Delivery Engineer roles in all other respects, depending on the individuals on-going attainment.
£14,000 per annum.
- Carry out a wide range of 1st and 2nd level problem/request management and resolution activity, against prescribed service levels and across multiple hardware and software technologies
- Manage calls from customers and log tickets into the Sota Service Desk Management Tool
- Ensure all problems are progressed in line with Sota best practice.
- Manage all problems and requests through to resolution and or fulfilment ensuring the customer and ticketing system are updated in a timely fashion
- Appropriately identify and prioritise customer problems/requests to ensure that Sota maintains high levels of customer satisfaction To provide basic engineering support in respect of the build, configuration and deployment of new systems into production to support
- Ensure that resolved escalation procedures are complied with in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- Continuously strive to improve the efficiency and quality of the service.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, processes and procedures mandated by the company.
- Has a keen interest in IT
- Demonstrates good interactive and communications skills
- Is well organised and practical, with a logical, diagnostic approach to problem solving
- Pays careful, close attention to detail
- Has an appreciation of what may be involved in supporting and installing IT hardware and software solutions and is keen to develop IT skills and capabilities
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Monday to Friday, 8:45am - 5:15pm.
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Perkbox Membership
- Free use of on-site swimming pool
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.