IT Helpdesk Technician Apprentice (Sharp Business Systems)
- Estio Training
- SK6 2QB, Stockport
- £12,000 PA
- Closing date
- 20 Apr 2023
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 24 months+
Level 3 Digital Support Technician
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
About the company:
Sharp UK employs over 700 people who together are here to make technology easy for you and your team. From our Service Engineers to our Technical Consultants, our Helpdesk Team to our Account Managers, each of our teams are friendly, proactive, and really care about delivering the very best service to our customers.
Our wealth of knowledge and experience covers a whole spectrum of technology solutions, including document management, managed print services, visitor management, IT support, telephony, meeting room solutions, audio visual technology, and integrated furniture design and installation.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with Sharp, a Technology Company with offices across the UK.
Reporting directly to the Helpdesk Manager you will work with the team to deliver Sharp IT Services to a varied client base. You will manage the resolution and communication with the client in a manner that delivers an excellent service resulting client retention and growth. This role offers a hybrid working policy.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Owning, updating, and progressing tickets so the client is confident their issue will be investigated and actioned
- Responsible for meeting agreed Key Performance Indicators to maintain a consistent high standard of service across Sharp.
- Take an active role in personal development to increase technical proficiency.
- Organise and prioritise daily tasks to provide service in line with client expectations.
- Be professional, positive, and friendly when communicating with all colleagues and clients to aid in effective exchange of information.
- Be an ambassador of Sharp IT Services at all times, to improve and maintain the reputation of Sharp.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Basic technical awareness if technologies within the IT field.
- Experience using Microsoft Windows and/or MacOS based workstations.
- Basic awareness of Microsoft Server and Desktop Operating Systems and the roles they play within an infrastructure.
- Basic awareness of Microsoft Cloud technologies (365 and Azure)
- Basic awareness of virtualisation, networking, and firewalls.
- Basic awareness of backup and anti-virus software.
- Awareness of Remote Monitoring and Management tools.
- Friendly, personable, and professional.
- Driven to develop your IT skills.
- Client service focused.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Digital Support Technician, with training in how to:
- Helpdesk Operations and Functions.
- Maintaining Digital Systems and Services
- Fundamentals of Digital Systems.
- Administration of Digital Systems and Services.
- Change Management.
- Teamwork and Communications.
- Introduction to System Security.
- User and Stakeholder Training.
- Working in Digital Support.
- Data Operations and Security.
- Pathways and Career Progression.
We are an IT and Digital apprenticeship provider, specialising in bringing high quality training to digital apprenticeships across England. We offer level 3 and 4 apprenticeships in IT, Software Development, Software Testing, Cyber Security, Data Analysis, Digital Marketing and Business Analysis.
We bring people together: we partner with employers to create digital apprenticeship opportunities, and work hard to find the talent to fill these roles.
We bring new skills to the nation: our trainers have all worked within the industry, so they’re the best people to transfer the skills you need.
We help you start your dream career: our digital apprenticeships provide you with the skills and qualifications, as well as the experience, you’ll need to kickstart your career in an industry you love
- 01133 500 333
2 New Lane
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert