Our client, Changing Social, specialise in adoption and change management and automating business processes to promote new ways of working.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills and experience as you complete a Data Essentials - Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Over the past six months, Changing Social has spent time reviewing and considering its approach to service delivery to support its planned growth strategy. Our approach is to drive customer success and ensure all client engagements are delivered in a ‘match fit’ manner with knowledgeable, credible and enthusiastic people, alongside a strong commercial background.
This has led to the creation of three workstreams within changing social – end user adoption, consultancy services and Power Platform, our technical delivery.
To drive this on we are recruiting an apprentice who will work primarily with our Power Platform team but ultimately with all team members.
£16,000 - £20,000 per annum.
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
What the role will involve:
- Activities within our Community-based Services:
- Assisting with the technical deployment of the digital champions and citizen developer programmes.
- The build and deployment of SharePoint sites
- Microsoft Learning Pathways
- Customised Teams apps, PowerApps and Flows
- Supporting the delivery of our digital champions and citizen developer service as a community manager
- Answering questions and providing support to our champions across multiple customers.
Support the Power Platform consultancy team with workshop write-up, scheduling, meeting and action notes.
Contribute to multiple projects across all practice areas for internal productivity gains, including data visualisation, automation, and app building.
Shadowing the Power Platform consulting team on live projects.
What we are looking for:
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft 365 applications
- An appetite for learning the Power Platform
- Tech enthusiast
- A real people person, who has good written and verbal communication skills and an ability to connect with people
- You are positive, proactive in terms of finding solutions, and want to work with a great team
- Organised and able to prioritise as you will be working on multiple engagements simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail
Personal qualities: [the following would be an advantage, but it is not essential:]
- Previous experience working in an administrative or software role
- A basic level of Project Management understanding
- A working knowledge of database normalisation -- is extremely advantageous
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
- 20 days holiday
- Staff socials (2 per year)
- Pension contribution 3%
Future prospects (the long-term prospects for the apprentices would be):
We would hope that the successful candidate would stay with us beyond the apprenticeship and continue to grow with us at Changing Social.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.