Joiner Maintenance Craftsperson Apprentice
- NHS England Apprenticeships
- Competitive salary
- Closing date
- 30 Mar 2023
- Health & Social Care
- Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals & Science
- Role Type
- Start Date
- Support service installations and their maintenance are an essential part of the NHS and form a vital link in Health Care Provision. The precise details of any of the apprenticeship are dependent on a number of factors that may be subject to change at various stages of the training and qualifications already obtained, however, the information below will provide an overview of the envisaged training requirements of the apprenticeship.
- The major element of the apprenticeship is practical training in Wood Occupations to Level 3 Standard; the apprentice will attend the College either one day per week or block release depending on location and college.
Main duties of the job
- Interpret and work from instructions, drawings and specifications appropriate to the trade with supervision.
- Set out new work appropriate to the trade using relevant instruments and machinery, with supervision.
- Participate in the training of the Estates Department personnel, as required.
- Undertake a wide range of work involving other crafts.
- Manufacture, assemble, erect and install new work as required.
- Use all relevant tools and equipment necessary for the safe and efficient performance of delegated tasks and be trained in the use of woodworking machinery.
- Ensuring that the Trust's Health and Safety Policy and local workplace rules are adhered to at all times when undertaking the duties of the post.
- Undertake such training as required to learn new techniques and update acquired knowledge.
- Appreciate and understand fully the inter-relationship between the various maintenance crafts.
- Undertake such other duties appropriate to the grade of the post and ability of the postholder as determined by the maintenance chargehand.
QE Facilities (QEF) is a wholly owned subsidiary company of Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust (GHNT), based in the North East of England.
We provide a range of non- clinical services to GHNT and other NHS organisations. Our services include: estates, facilities services, procurement, medical engineering and devices, endoscopy decontamination and sterile services, transport, out-patient pharmacy, and prevention & management of violence & aggression training (PMVA).
In addition we provide consultancy services, advising clients on all aspects of establishing a subsidiary company within an NHS body to the provision of VAT compliance advice.
QE Facilities work to their own Terms and Conditions and these are not the same as Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust Terms and Conditions. This is not an Agenda for Change Pay Rate.
20 March 2023
£14,176 a year
Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Working for us We are 1.3 million strong We are from all walks of life We Are the NHS
And you could be too.
The NHS offers many different roles, in different settings, with different ways of working, within hundreds of organisations.
This creates a unique opportunity for people who want a varied, flexible and challenging career within a world-class culture.
We have our own recruitment website that advertises job vacancies via NHS Jobs, online recruitment sites as well as social media. You can search for jobs, find jobs that match your skills, and apply for NHS England and NHS Improvement vacancies online.
See below for NHS England and NHS Improvement’s current vacancies.
If you’re not sure what you’re looking for, you can explore over 350 careers, compare specific opportunities and take the find a career quiz on the Health Careers website.
Anyone working in any part of the NHS should feel part of a team where we bring out the very best in one another – inspiring each and every person and unleashing potential.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert