Multi Skilled Apprentice
- NHS England Apprenticeships
- Competitive salary
- Closing date
- 30 Mar 2023
- Health & Social Care
- Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals & Science
- Role Type
- Start Date
Various exciting and challenging positions have arisen for Level 3 Apprenticeships in Multi Skilled Engineering (note as this is a MultiSkill apprenticeship you will study and work both electrical and mechanical aspects) around the North East and Yorkshire (Potential employers could be CHoICE - Sunderland; North Tees & Hartlepool Solutions; Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS FT; NHFM Ltd - Northumbria Healthcare; NTW Solutions - Gosforth; QEF - Darlington and QE Gateshead; South Tyneside & Sunderland NHS FT; Harrogate Integrated Facilities; Tees Esk & Wear Valleys).
The Apprenticeship Standard you will study for will be the 'Healthcare Engineering Specialist Technician' (HEST).
Support service installations and their maintenance are an essential part of the NHS and form a vital link in Health Care Provision. The precise details of any of the apprenticeship are dependent on a number of factors that may be subject to change at various stages of the training and qualifications already obtained, however, the information below will provide an overview of the envisaged training requirements of the apprenticeship.
Main duties of the job
- Diagnose, fault find, and repair faults on range of plant, equipment and services
- Manufacture, assemble, erect, install and test new work including minor improvements ensuring compliance with Trust and Apprentice safety standards and procedures
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance to statutory requirements
- Carry out statutory inspections and testing of plant, equipment and services to ensure their safe operation and meet current standards
- Use all relevant tools and equipment as necessary
- Plan and evaluate and order materials for the necessary job requisitions
- Communicate with others on aspects of their work, including any problems encountered
- Make arrangements to attend wards / departments for access or availability of room / area / equipment to carry out work as requested
- Participate in systems of work and complete all necessary paperwork to Statutory and Trust requirements
- Follow drawings, specifications under the necessary guidance of others
- Follow Trust and statutory requirements regarding health and safety at work
QE Facilities (QEF) is a wholly owned subsidiary company of Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust (GHNT), based in the North East of England.
We provide a range of non- clinical services to GHNT and other NHS organisations. Our services include: estates, facilities services, procurement, medical engineering and devices, endoscopy decontamination and sterile services, transport, out-patient pharmacy, and prevention & management of violence & aggression training (PMVA).
In addition we provide consultancy services, advising clients on all aspects of establishing a subsidiary company within an NHS body to the provision of VAT compliance advice.
QE Facilities work to their own Terms and Conditions and these are not the same as Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust Terms and Conditions. This is not an Agenda for Change Pay Rate.
20 March 2023
£14,176 a year
Darlington Memorial Hospital
Working for us We are 1.3 million strong We are from all walks of life We Are the NHS
And you could be too.
The NHS offers many different roles, in different settings, with different ways of working, within hundreds of organisations.
This creates a unique opportunity for people who want a varied, flexible and challenging career within a world-class culture.
We have our own recruitment website that advertises job vacancies via NHS Jobs, online recruitment sites as well as social media. You can search for jobs, find jobs that match your skills, and apply for NHS England and NHS Improvement vacancies online.
See below for NHS England and NHS Improvement’s current vacancies.
If you’re not sure what you’re looking for, you can explore over 350 careers, compare specific opportunities and take the find a career quiz on the Health Careers website.
Anyone working in any part of the NHS should feel part of a team where we bring out the very best in one another – inspiring each and every person and unleashing potential.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert