Technical Support Engineer Apprentice (ABS IT Services)
- Estio Training
- GU14 6UU, Farnborough
- £20,000 PA
- Closing date
- 5 Apr 2023
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 24 months+
Level 6 Digital Technology Solutions
Weekly Hours Worked - Normal working hours are 40 hours per week flexed within the normal service hours are 08:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. Weekend work is required at times to support specific projects. Out of Hours Support is provided between 18:00pm – 22:00pm by the appointed engineers. Extra working hours may be required in the event of approaching deadlines or in preparation for social evenings and conferences.
About the company:
ABS IT Services is a Managed Service Provider, concentrating on Hardware, Software Development, Virtualisation, Hosted Servers, Hosted Microsoft products, Telecommunications, DR Solutions, Cyber/Data Security, Website Development and Systems Maintenance. This post is part of the current recruitment campaign to support the expansion of the organisation.
ABS IT Services goal is to be competitive in the marketplace, provide innovative solutions in technologies and services and to be rewarding for customers, employees, and stakeholders in an open and fair environment.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer with ABS IT Services, a Managed Service Provider based in Farnborough.
As the successful candidate you will be expected to join our growing UK team in providing quality support to our clients and partners.
Putting ABS IT customers at the heart of everything you do, the ideal candidate will possess a combination of IT literacy and customer service experience that enables them to engage and communicate effectively.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Provide on-site IT support including but not limited to hardware desktops, laptops, servers, monitors, printers, routers, Wi-Fi devices, phones, software off the shelve and bespoke, connectivity Wi-Fi, broadband, telephone and Email management.
- Support VM, web applications systems, MS Office, Windows OS, Service Desk Ticketing systems.
- Provide professional customer service experience in an effective, rapid and seamless resolution in line with the SLA timeframe.
- Evaluate and log incidents and service requests in the service desk ticketing system and manage queues/workflows.
- Maintain ownership of incident throughout the incident lifecycle to a satisfactory customer resolution.
- Maintain Pro-active communications with the customers and suppliers including escalation of incidents when necessary.
- Daily task management.
- Account management Re-enabling/ locking accounts, password resets.
- Create and maintain documentation for Level 1 support solutions and processes.
- Create and maintain instructional documentation for end users.
- Provide out of hours support.
- Provide remote and onsite support.
- Build knowledge base in the ticketing system or other approved systems.
- Meeting Service Desk KPIs Key Performance Indicators.
- Writing reports.
- Assisting other team members including communicating company strategies, team goals, project deadlines, identifying training needs and skill management.
- Provide training where necessary.
- Other similar duties may be assigned.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Skills and Personal Required:
- Excellent communications skills both verbally and written.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent level 1 technical knowledge.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to write reports and technical documents.
- Strong critical thinking.
- Must have the resilience and ability to work under pressure.
- Must have the ability to work alone and as a member of the team.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficiencies in computer skills in the following, but not limited to:
- Microsoft Windows 10 and office applications.
- Microsoft 365 o Service Desk ticketing systems.
- Anti-Virus management.
- VPN Management.
- Windows AD Management.
- Good understanding of Local Area Networks.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Full and clean driving license as will need to travel to and from sites.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio/BPP apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 6 Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Degree Apprenticeship.
We are an IT and Digital apprenticeship provider, specialising in bringing high quality training to digital apprenticeships across England. We offer level 3 and 4 apprenticeships in IT, Software Development, Software Testing, Cyber Security, Data Analysis, Digital Marketing and Business Analysis.
We bring people together: we partner with employers to create digital apprenticeship opportunities, and work hard to find the talent to fill these roles.
We bring new skills to the nation: our trainers have all worked within the industry, so they’re the best people to transfer the skills you need.
We help you start your dream career: our digital apprenticeships provide you with the skills and qualifications, as well as the experience, you’ll need to kickstart your career in an industry you love
- 01133 500 333
2 New Lane
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert