What will the apprentice be doing?
Day to day, you will become immersed in our business-as-usual support by working and learning from a team of talented & experienced developers based across two countries
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be designing and delivering exciting and innovative business intelligence solutions using dimensional modelling techniques & in-memory technologies.
- There will be a focus on learning how to develop Business Intelligence data models as well as learn programming languages like T-SQL, DAX and script components in C#.
- If you are successful, we will create a personal bespoke development plan tailored to your individual training needs, and work with you to grow your skillset in Enterprise level Business Intelligence development and solution delivery.
- There will be a focus on technical skills in the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Cover learning modules which include communication methods in business, approaches to writing technical design documents, time and stress management as well as presentation skills.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- You will gain a Software Developer Level 4 qualification after successfully completing your apprenticeship
- Your training will be delivered on a blended approach across workshops, project work and progress reviews
- You will stay at the training centre in Wyboston lakes for approx 3 days at a time (costs all included by the company) roughly every other month
- You will be given time to study during working hours
Our programme and associated training will give you all the knowledge you need to become a future developer
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade A-C or 9-4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A-C or 9-4) Essential Things to consider
Flexible employee benefits scheme, corporate discounts from well-known retailers, an employer pension and great work-life balance arrangements A close-knit apprentice community to support and develop you throughout your programme. This also includes office-based lunches/socials, and a monthly apprentice community call with guest speakers.