Business Administration Apprentice
- Kent Training & Apprenticeships
- Dartford, Kent
- £240 per week
- Closing date
- 31 Mar 2023
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
Goldex Group is a growing organisation with multiple award-winning brands. We are one of the largest Costa Coffee franchisees in the UK and over time have ventured into real estate, coastal and international holiday rentals, workspaces and gyms – it is our core philosophy to innovate, persevere and push boundaries.
Due to office location applicants must be able to drive and have access to a car. Free parking available.
Description of Vacancy
We are looking for a highly motivated and detail oriented individual to join our office administration team. This role is ideal for someone who thrives on a challenge and can make this role their own by learning from the team and putting that learning into practice.
We are looking for an enthusiastic office administrator apprentice to join our team. The role will be fast paced and will provide ample opportunity and exposure to learn a variety of skills by working for a multi-brand organisation. The position will be part of the administration team and will work closely with the Office Administrator, the business development manager and the CEO.
Responsibilities will be as follows:
- Liaising with stores and suppliers via email and telephone
- Learning about the companies mission and available services
- Building rapport with the Store Managers, Area Managers, operational and health & safety teams
- Collecting and sorting post
- Scheduling appointments and events for the CEO
- Participating in office meetings
- Answering phone calls and directing to the correct individuals/ department
- Logging calls with colleagues within the business
- Dealing with requests from stores as required including research, placing orders and organising documents to be sent out
- Contacting the stores on a regular basis to request information, and logging this on the internal trackers
- Running and distributing various reports from Stockade namely, weekly KPI’s, Cashiers Hourly Sales reports and start of day/end of day reports
- Filing paperwork as required
- Carefully checking invoices and requesting explanations/ return of equipment as required
- Writing filing and posting letters as required
- Maintaining updated contact sheets and equipment lists on the system
- Creating Health & Safety, Managers and Branch Files for new store openings
- Placing orders for equipment and spare parts as required
- Conducting product and supplier research as required
- Any other ad hoc duties as required
Weekly wage is £240 (£6.00 per hour)
Monday to Friday, 7am - 6pm (Working hours varied with the occasional Saturday)
40 hours per week inclusive of 1 x day work from home to complete study
Shift pattern given 1 month in advance on Office Rota
30 minute lunch break each day (unpaid)
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as "Off the Job Training"
- Due to location of office applicant must be able to drive
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Problem solving
- Good time management
- The dedication to see each task through to completion
- Good Telephone manner
- Reliable and committed
- Flexible approach (ability to be multi-skilled)
- Proactive approach to work
- Positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task
- Desire to learn and progress within the business
GCSE Level 9-4 (or Grade A-C) in English and Maths, or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard - Business administrators have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviors that can be applied in all sectors. This includes small and large businesses alike, from the public sector, private sector and charitable sector. The role may involve working independently or as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services. Business administrators develop key skills and behaviours to support their own progression towards management responsibilities.
As of 1st April 2022, the NMW for Apprentices is £4.81 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them directly. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are leading training organisation with over 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert