- Inspiro Learning
- Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- £195.36 - £328.54 (weekly)
- Closing date
- 30 Mar 2023
- Consulting & Business Services
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Marlow Medical Centre have a fantastic opportunity for a Apprentice Administrator to join their team, to provide administrative support and services to all members of the practice team.
• Provide administrative support to members of the Practice team in the following areas ensuring appropriate practice records are kept up to date
o Collecting and opening brake post (morning and afternoon)
o Scanning and indexing post
o Scanning and indexing other documents
o Photocopying patient notes
o Franking out-going post (daily)
o EDT result letters (daily)
o Sorting newly registered patient notes
o Booking ambulance transport for patients as required
o Invoices – checking and filing (monthly)
o Process Bucks Carer Forms
o Indexing reviews for dementia, depression and cancer (monthly)
o Action scans and referral forms for Medical Secretaries
o Requesting further information and action from doctors on patients - RAC/workflow queries.
• Other duties
o Providing cover for other staff
o To answer/deal with queries, both face to face and via the telephone, take messages and pass them on to the relevant member of staff in an appropriate and timely manner
o To be a flexible and supportive member of the team
o To attend and take part in team meetings and regular reviews with line manager
o To participate/complete relevant training as required by the practice.
This above list is not exhaustive and will be reviewed during the course of the apprenticeship.
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this job description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
Health & Safety:
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the practice Health & Safety Policy, the practice Health & Safety Manual, and the practice Infection Control policy and published procedures. This will include:
- Using personal security systems within the workplace according to practice guidelines
- Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks
- Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills
- Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards
- Actively reporting of health and safety hazards and infection hazards immediately when recognised
- Keeping own work areas and general / patient areas generally clean, assisting in the maintenance of general standards of cleanliness consistent with the scope of the job holder’s role
- Undertaking periodic infection control training (minimum annually)
- Reporting potential risks identified
Equality and Diversity:
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
- Acting in a way that recognizes the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with practice procedures and policies, and current legislation
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues
- Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights.
Inspiro are one the UK’s largest apprenticeship providers. We’ve grown our business by growing professionals — designing employer-led programmes that provide life-changing, career-shaping skills and experiences for their employees.
Throughout the country, our teams are at work across a range of consumer-focused sectors, from social care and hospitality to retail and automotive and lots in-between. While every programme is underpinned by a proven and robust delivery model, each is tailored to our partner’s ambitions, requirements and strategy — it all starts with your needs.
- 0800 731 8199
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert