Apprentice Logistics Assistant
- NHS England Apprenticeships
- Competitive salary
- Closing date
- 31 Mar 2023
- Health & Social Care
- Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals & Science
- Role Type
- Start Date
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to join our Stores and Distribution Team within our procurement department at Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals.
We are looking for an individual who is enthusiastic, would like to be involved in the logistics side of the Hospital, who will be willing and work towards and achieve a NVQ level 2 in warehousing.
As an apprentice you will be supported with the following:
- Attendance at college/study sessions as required
- Work with an assessor/mentor to develop a work based portfolio
- Undertaking work based assessments
- Completing assignments/projects relating to their apprenticeship framework
- Presenting evidence portfolios for assessment within specific time frameworks
Main duties of the job
- To be able to communicate across all levels including engaging with clinical staff within the Trust. Be able to communicate with outside organisations or suppliers
- Problem solving.
- Must be able to manoeuvre heavy metal roll cages ensuring that patients, staff and you are not compromised.
- Must have experience with basic computer skills and be able to adapt and input accurately products onto our finance systems
- Demonstrate and Follow our Trust Values
- Work to dead lines
- Attend any mandatory training
- Work individually and within a team
Our organisation is driven by our strategic objectives and organisational values and we look for people who are strongly aligned with them.
The Procurement Department consists of the E-Procurement Team, Category Management Teams Corporate and Clinical, Inventory Management Team and we a Stores and Distribution Team, our services cover all the Trust sites, we work closely with all our Customers and are keen to develop relationships and work toward continuing improvement.
Free parking for staff is available on site as well as a subsidised staff restaurant which is open 7am-11pm 7 days a week.
Annual Leave starts at 27 days a year plus bank holidays.
21 March 2023
£9,405 a year Pro Rata Per Annum
Doncaster Royal Infirmary
Working for us We are 1.3 million strong We are from all walks of life We Are the NHS
And you could be too.
The NHS offers many different roles, in different settings, with different ways of working, within hundreds of organisations.
This creates a unique opportunity for people who want a varied, flexible and challenging career within a world-class culture.
We have our own recruitment website that advertises job vacancies via NHS Jobs, online recruitment sites as well as social media. You can search for jobs, find jobs that match your skills, and apply for NHS England and NHS Improvement vacancies online.
See below for NHS England and NHS Improvement’s current vacancies.
If you’re not sure what you’re looking for, you can explore over 350 careers, compare specific opportunities and take the find a career quiz on the Health Careers website.
Anyone working in any part of the NHS should feel part of a team where we bring out the very best in one another – inspiring each and every person and unleashing potential.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert