What will the apprentice be doing?
- Support to internal Synoptix Projects
- Project co-ordination in support of work package delivery for customers
- Contributing to innovation projects and applying knowledge of new and emerging technologies including cyber security.
- Support to Synoptix STEM activities
- General business support
The successful candidate will be exposed to all areas of Synoptix business. What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Digital & Technology Solutions Level 6 (Degree Apprenticeship). This comprises four years of funded academic study and workplace training, resulting in a BSc (hons) Digital and Technology Solutions Degree
- Weekly attendance at University Centre Weston (UCW).
- Synoptix offers training throughout the scheme which aims to provide apprentices with the knowledge and skills to pursue a career as a Systems Engineer. This will include introductions to Systems Engineering practises and developing an understanding on how to maximise business opportunities through the application of Systems Engineering excellence
- Synoptix has a broad depth of highly skilled engineers who are able to provide expertise in key Systems Engineering tools including Model-Based Systems Engineering and Requirements Management
- Our intention is to offer our apprentices a permanent role at the end of the degree and develop their career as a Systems Engineer
- This will include the opportunity to continue education to Masters and Chartered Engineer and beyond
- Generous salary review after first year and annual increases based on performance throughout programme
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Resilience, Diplomatic, Proactive Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Essential Things to consider
Apprentices should have three A Levels at grade C or above, preferably in related subjects such as mathematics, science, and IT or a BTEC Extended Diploma at MMM, or other qualifications equivalent to 96 UCAS tariff points. We are looking for driven, independent candidates who will expect to have an early impact on our business. You will need to develop a resilient character with an ability to be diplomatic but also be able to deliver robust coherent arguments. Synoptix continues to grow, working with our key customers to deliver critical projects. So, you will be joining our business at a time of growth, and you will be offered early opportunities to build your engineering experience in a variety of areas.