What will the apprentice be doing?
Working alongside experienced Buro Four colleagues, you will provide support in regard to the delivery of our project management services, leading the planning and delivery of construction projects, across various sectors through all phases of design, preconstruction, construction, and project completion.
While the role is varied, you will typically support with the following:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Working with the client to understand their goals and needs and setting the strategic direction of the project
- Attending project related meetings, preparing minutes and following up on actions
- Preparing project schedules and reports while managing key deadlines, budgets and risk
- Updating the client with regard to project status and monitoring the progress of the project
- Managing and keeping up to date and compliant project documentation
- Communicating with clients to cultivate and maintain good relationships
- You will spend 20% of your time at college/university and the remainder of your time in the office putting theory into practice
- Guided by experienced Buro Four colleagues in your project teams, you will gain valuable on-the-job experience while learning about Buro Four, our people lead approach to project management, and the wider industry in general
This programme will see you gaining technical and practical on-the-job training whilst obtaining a Chartered Surveyor Degree - Level 6 with UCEM, University of Estate ManagementWhat is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of progressing as a Project Manager for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English and mathematics (Grade 4 (or C) or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent 96 UCAS tariff points (Grade CCC, or ACE/ BTEC) Essential