What will the apprentice be doing?
- Contribute to production engineering and liaise with the manufacturing department, producing high quality dxf files for programme input to the CNC/Plasma machine
- Undertake a wide range of design work, producing reinforced concrete foundation drawings, steelwork fabrication drawings and 2D and 3D elevation design drawings
- Create design drawings using the companies BIM software 'Tekla'
- Create accurate material schedules for material ordering
- Undertake steel tower (GDC) assessments using MSTower/TOADS and existing appraisal spreadsheets
- Undertake site and client visits as required
- Undertake steelwork structural design including steel member design checks and connection design, using analysis software STaad Pro, design spreadsheets and hand calculations
- Undertake foundation design
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Co-ordinate telecoms project work, liaising with client, design and site teams
- Monitor and track project budgets and deliver steelwork projects within budget
- Ensure steelwork works orders (WO) are successfully issued into the factory and that programme milestones are understood and agreed
- Co-ordinate project deliveries to site to ensure construction work is started and completed on time
- Sequencing and programming of site works with third parties and service providers
- Managing CDM and H&S obligations through life cycle of a project
- Estimating and Quoting projects
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Level 6 BSc Civil Engineering
- On the job mentoring and tutoring
- 3-day block release (x2) to ARU Chelmsford campus in Tri 1 and Tri 3
- Synchronous & asynchronous online delivery between block release
Graduate Engineer status and opportunity to be supported in further academic studies.
The successful candidate upon completion of the initial rotation around the main engineering departments, will progress their career as either a Civil/Structural Engineer, Project Manager or CAD Designer.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade B/5 or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent One subject Science and/or Maths (Grade CCC (96 UCAS points)) Essential Things to consider
We have a vibrant social scene if you want to take part including Summer and Winter (!) BBQ's a Christmas event and teambuilding activities planned for later this year