What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Report writing with the support of senior team members
- Site visits and follow up reporting
- Technical drawing
- Attending meetings with clients
- Supporting your team with information gathering for reports
- Undertaking research to support report writing
- Working with team members to improve your technical knowledge
- Attending local office events to support your learning
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship
- BSc or BEng civil engineering degree
- Lakes College, Cumbria
- The training will be day release
If you are successful in being offered a permanent role with Jacobs at the end of the apprenticeship, you will be given the opportunity for further development and qualifications, depending on the business need and your capabilities and interests. Past apprentices have taken up roles of Graduate Civil Engineer and have been given opportunities to work in different areas of the business, or at different locations across the UK if desired.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Initiative, Curiosity, Listening Skills, Proactive Qualifications
A Level or equivalent Mathematics and Physical Science (Grade A* - C) Essential Things to consider
As you will be undertaking your studies on day release, please ensure the journey is feasible for you and you can get there of your own accord. In order for us to consider your application you should have permanent Right to Work in the UK.