What will the apprentice be doing?
Red Olive is looking for a Data Analyst apprentice - an enthusiastic person who has an eye for detail and a passion for data and technology to join our growing team. We view Data Analytics as a core skill in our line of business, but we also expect that the successful candidate will want to gain a wider knowledge of skills such as infrastructure, cloud, networking, etc. to eventually bolster their skills and progress their career in Red Olive.
As an apprentice, initial responsibilities may be very general, however, with time we would expect the successful candidate to be proactively looking for opportunities to take on responsibilities within our business.
- Working with other staff members to understand, and gradually take on normal day-to-day activities
- Following guided learning for tools such as Microsoft Power BI, with the aim of working with a mentor on client work
- Supporting Red Olive's internal processes, with analytical and reporting skills
- Working on Red Olive's cloud infrastructure to learn how to design, build and deploy services for Data Analytics operations
- Shadowing a team member on a client project to understand the processes involved
- Understanding the function of a "Project Office" and its role in project planning and execution
- Learning how to write project and technical documentation for both internal and external communication
- Attending company meetings and events, and practicing team and presentation skills
In addition to the training provided by the Apprenticeship scheme, Red Olive will provide opportunities to:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Learn database skills
- Learn cloud infrastructure and services such as GCP and Azure
- Learn presentation and writing skills
- Gain core consultancy skills
- Interact with clients both their project teams and potentially their stakeholders
- Gain recognised IT certifications
CORE MODULES Introduction to Data Analysis
An introduction to the world of data analysis, covering; the data and data analytics lifecycle types of data and statistical maths.
A practical understanding of databases, including design, queries, administration, and maintenance.
Computer Python & R
Take a deep dive into data analysis using Python and R and how they are used to perform data analysis
Advanced Analytics & Big Data
Develop your data analysis skills further by considering big data along with more advanced analysis techniques.
Data Analysis Complete the data analysis journey by focusing on how the results of data analysis can be used to power business decisions.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is the potential for a full-time role upon completion of the apprenticeship. Red Olive sees this very much as an investment in the long-term skills capacity within the business and the desire to continually develop staff with new skills as technology changes.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Analytical skills, Attention to detail, IT skills Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English and maths (Grade 4) Desired Things to consider
This is primarily a remote home based role, but any candidate will need to be able to travel in and around the M4 corridor between Reading and Slough.