What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Providing efficient and effective customer service to end users and other stakeholders.
- Logging and maintaining support issues detail throughout a service ticket lifecycle.
- Responding appropriately to more complex problems through escalation.
- Prioritisation and management of workload to ensure client SLAs are met
- Threat and vulnerability analysis. Conduct proactive threat research.
- Investigating, documenting, and reporting on any information security (InfoSec) issues as well as emerging trends.
- Monitoring and response for MDR Platform.
- Monitoring and response for XDR Platform.
- Monitoring and response for Email Protection.
- Monitoring and response for SAAS protection tools.
- Analysis and response to previously unknown hardware and software vulnerabilities.
- Preparing disaster recovery plans.
- Updating firewall & cyber security software tools.
- Ensure service excellence for all Service Delivery and Incident Response services.
- Ability to provide technical and service leadership to T1 analysts.
- Monitor security incidents received from SIEM and other security tooling.
- Carry out Tier 1 triage of assigned security incidents within appropriate skill level.
- Carry out incident response on medium and low complexity security incidents (P3 & P4).
- Maintain assigned ticket queue.
- Participate actively in the resolution of high complexity incidents, even after they are escalated (P1 & P2)
- Maintain Security Operations documentation.
- Contribute to Incident Response investigations working with the Incident Response team.
- Assist in the development and improvement of processes for incident detection, analysis and response.
- Daily security incident investigation and resolution.
- Developing and Implementing Organisation-Wide Security Protocols.
- Work with the Cyber Security Manager and other IT teams to achieve and maintain the security requirements to meet compliance with NIS and ISO 9001/27001 trajectory, and other requirements adopted by the organisation.
- Work with the Infrastructure Manager and Service Manager in defining security baselines for systems and infrastructure.
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we've purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist, with training in how to:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Discover potential vulnerabilities, threats and hazards in your systems, services and processes.
- Develop security designs and configure, deploy and use appropriate cyber security technology to protect your business.
- Identify, analyse and develop security cases to defend against potential threats.
- Write program code or scripts to meet a given design requirement that improves your cyber security.
- Understand latest attack techniques and recommend ways to defend against them.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Patience, Willingness to learn, Passion for Cyber Security Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential