As a London Underground Electrical Apprentice, you will participate and work with competent teams that ensure the DLO Electrical Assets are maintained and delivered into service in a safe and timely manner. During your apprenticeship, you will be placed across a range of departments within the Electrical and LV Cables areas, enabling you to experience and learn how the Electrical Divisions function. You will learn how to read Electrical and Mechanical Drawings, be trained to write reports, fault findings, Understand and apply the principles, practices and legislation for the termination and connection of conductors, cables and cords in electrical systems, learn how to carryout preparation and installation of wiring systems and electrotechnical equipment in buildings, and structures.
Nature of Work:
• Gather information
• Assemble tools, equipment and materials
• Check tools, equipment and materials for fitness for purpose.
• Deal promptly and effectively with problems within his/her control.
• Report deviations which cannot be solved
• Follow the correct process/operations for the allocated task
• Establish and maintain communication with the relevant persons
• Correctly establish scope and accuracy of testing
• Carry out required testing using correctly accessed equipment and methods.
• Take action to rectify the defective asset.
• understanding: Handover asset in accordance with company procedures
• Complete documentation in accordance with company procedures
What do we look for?
Our talented apprentices form a vital part of that vision, so it’s important that we find the best people to help us do this. We’re looking for people who are;
- Analytical and logical thinkers
- Continuing learners
- Creative and innovative
- Delivers quality
- Team working
- Takes responsibility, accountability and ownership
- Embraces change and drives innovation