Apprentice Retail Supervisor
- Inspiro Learning
- £350 Weekly
- Closing date
- 22 Apr 2023
- Sales / Customer Service
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
We are looking to recruit an Apprentice Trainee Supervisor for our shop in Grantham. We offer a permanent full-time position working a variety of shifts, 5 days from 7 each week.
As one of our apprentices you will:
- Make all of our customers feel welcome with a friendly smile and simple hello.
- Help customers find the items they are looking for.
- Give a fast and friendly service at the tills, always offering help to pack and leaving a good impression with a friendly thank you and goodbye.
- Handle stock with care whilst working deliveries, quickly placing products into our freezers and onto our shelves ready for our customers to buy.
- Work with the rest of your team to complete the daily and weekly routines that keep our shops clean and tidy.
- Open and close the shop, handle cash, place orders and support your manager in leading the team to run an efficient shop and provide great service to our customers.
You will need:
- A friendly, positive, hardworking approach to work.
- To enjoy being busy as there is always something to do. As a junior member of management you’ll jump from putting out deliveries to serving on the till, helping customers on the shop floor, to organising other team members and more!
- To be reliable as you will be an important part of a small team. Your colleagues and customers will depend upon you to do your best on each shift and not let the team down.
- A bit of flexibility when it comes to your shifts. When other members of your team are off enjoying their holidays, we may need you to work slightly different hours to cover for them. Rota’s are planned three weeks in advance and your commitments outside of work will be taken into consideration when planning your shifts.
- Ensure that all work set by our apprenticeship provider is completed on time and to the best of your ability.
To become an apprentice, you must:
- be 16 or over
- not already be in full-time education
You can start an apprenticeship whether you’re starting your career, want a change or you're upskilling in your current job. You can have a previous qualification like a degree and still start an apprenticeship.
As an apprentice you’ll:
- have regular one to one sessions with a dedicated trainer either remotely or through visits to your workplace
- learn and train for a specific job
- get paid and receive holiday leave
- get hands-on experience in a real job
- study for at least 20% of your working hours
- complete assessments during and at the end of your apprenticeship
- be on a career path with lots of future potential
What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a real job where you learn, gain experience and get paid. You’re an employee with a contract of employment and holiday leave. By the end of an apprenticeship, you'll have the right skills and knowledge needed for your chosen career.
Levels of an apprenticeship
Each apprenticeship has a level and an equivalent education level. You can start an apprenticeship at any level.
At the end of your apprenticeship, you’ll achieve the equivalent education level. For example, if you complete a level 3 apprenticeship, you’ll achieve the equivalent of an A level.
Inspiro are one the UK’s largest apprenticeship providers. We’ve grown our business by growing professionals — designing employer-led programmes that provide life-changing, career-shaping skills and experiences for their employees.
Throughout the country, our teams are at work across a range of consumer-focused sectors, from social care and hospitality to retail and automotive and lots in-between. While every programme is underpinned by a proven and robust delivery model, each is tailored to our partner’s ambitions, requirements and strategy — it all starts with your needs.
- 0800 731 8199
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert