London Underground Track Operative Engineering
- Transport for London
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 7 Apr 2023
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Intermediate
- Start Date
- 24 months+
As an apprentice, your 2-year development programme will be made up of up to 4 or 5 placement rotations. Our aim is to equip you with the range of skills and experience you need for your successful career. We also understand that everyone’s career is different, so every apprentice’s journey is unique. Here’s an idea of what yours could look like:
Will be initially be spent completing Performing Engineering Operations (PEO):
- Mechanical Maintenance
- Electrical Maintenance
- Hand Skills
This will be followed by the following Training:
- Basic Track Awareness
- Track Induction
- Face Fit Training for Mask Wearers
- Track Plant Training
Placement 1 – Maintenance – Up to 3 Months
Placement 2 – Inspections - Up to 3 Months
You will rotate across different lines between Maintenance and Inspections for the duration of your Apprenticeship.
Your roles and responsibilities will include:
- To work as part of a track team in order to complete essential track maintenance under the supervision of a Site Person in Charge
- To assist the line inspection, staff in undertaking Safety Critical Inspections of the track
- To work safely at all times adhering to strict Safety Controls and Instructions given.
Where can this career take me?
- Upon successful completion of this scheme, you could roll-off into A Skilled Track Operative Role which could lead to further career development opportunities such as Track Inspector and Track Technician, as well as Site Person in Charge.
- You’ll also have opportunities to complete additional training courses. These will vary from soft skills training to technical skills training and Include Protecting Workers on the Track – Engineering Hours (PWT-EH) and T001
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert