Please note, this particular vacancy is advertised at the Lakeside Northampton site however, there are multiple Greene King sites that have vacancies available, our recruitment team will work with you to match you to the best suited site.
Alongside working full time as an Apprentice Chef, you will also be joining our unique Chef Academy, where you will have the opportunity to attend four masterclasses designed to teach you expert knowledge and technical skills involved in 4 different areas of cooking.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification which will look GREAT on your CV
- Attend four masterclasses where you will learn new skills that will help you develop in the kitchen
- Love eating out? You'll get 33% staff discount at Greene King managed pubs
- Great working atmosphere - Fun, Laughs and Room for progression & development
- Discounts off high-street retail brands that include - Apple, ASOS, John Lewis and many more...
- Over 30 funded Apprenticeships available, ranging from Level 2 to Level 7
Responsibilities included in this role:
- Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
- Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
- Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
- Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
What your apprenticeship includes:
- A mixture of face to face and virtual catch ups with your learning coach every 4 - 6 weeks
- Four masterclasses, which you will be paid accordingly as part of your working week
- A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress
- Obtain Functional Skills in English and Maths (if you don't already have GCSE)
At Greene King, you will be working towards a Production Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship Qualification over the course of 15 months.