Business Analyst Apprentice with M&G plc
- BPP PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- £26000.00 per annum - 35 hours per week
- Closing date
- 14 Apr 2023
- Banking & Financial Services
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Duration of Apprenticeship:
15 months fixed term contract
The role forms part of the overall Business Analysis Centre of Excellence team. We are at the heart of change, it starts with us defining the exact requirements for these project by working closely with the business to understand what they really need and help design as well as to support the build of the eventual solution.
A Business Analyst Apprentice will support the delivery of new system requirements needed to deliver on the relevant project / workstream objectives. The output of the workstream will feed directly into the overall design of a proposed solution and will require close co-operation with those project team members and business users.
Key accountabilities of the role:
- Document and record elements of the current system and shadowing existing users, effectively knowing how the system that is going to be replaced works.
- Support the write up of requirements (what users require the new system to deliver).
- Help prepare for workshops, engaging the attendees and ensuring the set up (room etc.).
- Support setting up user interviews attending alongside a BA (Business Analyst).
- Attend and capture notes at key meetings.
- Review the analysis documents produced by the BA giving your input and feedback.
- Help test the new system and ensure that it works according to the specification.
- Mentor older business analysts in the usage of modern tech, social media do and don’ts etc..
As a Business Administrator Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses
As a minimum, candidate will have either 5 GCSEs with Maths and English grades 4+ or 2 A levels with good grades in Maths and English (A-C). Alternatively, you will have 2 years of work experience in financial services industry
Personal Qualities & Skills:
- Ability to build good relationships internally and externally
- Confident and effective communicator (both written and verbal)
- Passionate about being in a work environment that embraces and values diversity.
- Attention to detail to support high-quality compilation of user documentation.
- Proven and demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel and Visio.
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills with a keen attention to detail.
We are looking for a confident individual with a positive outlook, can-do attitude, and aspiration to want to progress.
We are looking for someone that looks at problems and situations differently – how can this be done better?
The successful applicant will have powerful desire to learn and a genuine interest in business, technology, and the financial services industry.
Applicants who succeed with us are self-motivated, capable of building and maintaining relationships and work effectively as part of a team.
The applicant would ideally have an inquisitive nature and be curious
This is a fixed term contract for 15 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the Apprentice performance, headcount, and available funding. If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to the specific role/department.
About BPP Professional Apprenticeships
BPP is one of the UK’s largest providers of professional apprenticeship training. They work closely with some of the UK’s leading employers including RBS, EY and Starbucks to create unique opportunities for apprentices.
Who Are BPP Professional Apprenticeships?
BPP have been delivering professional qualifications for over 40 years. Training over 80,000 leaners each year, across areas including law, management, accountancy, insurance, banking, nursing, healthcare and more.
What BPP Professional Apprenticeships Offers
BPP's programmes are developed in partnership with employers and respected professionals. Their programmes offer recognised professional qualifications, with a clear pathway from one level to the next – all the way up to chartered status. Regardless of position, almost anyone can get involved. From entry-level talent, to the most senior leaders. Through an apprenticeship you’ll have the opportunity to develop a stronger, wider and deeper skill set.
Once you’re on your apprenticeship, you will be surrounded by BPP’s experts. Including dedicated Coaches who will support you through your journey, and Tutors who will provide their expertise on your chosen course. BPP’s flexible delivery blends digital learning with a face-to-face approach, and in some cases peer-to-peer learning, to help minimise disruption in your working environment.
- 0161 244 6471
BPP 5TH FLOOR, ST JAMES' BUILDING
79 OXFORD STREET
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert