Finance Analyst Apprentice with M&G
- BPP PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- £26000.00 per annum - 35 hours per week
- Closing date
- 31 Mar 2023
- Banking & Financial Services
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Higher
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Duration of Apprenticeship:
18 Months fixed term contract
Commercial Finance aims to support the business with the provision of insightful reporting, high quality financial forecasting, and analysis of our business, to support business leaders and help inform key decisions.
Your daily duties may include:
- The production of regular and accurate Management Information (MI) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) reporting within agreed timescales, providing explanation and analysis of key changes and drivers
- Supporting the quarterly forecasting and annual business planning process
- Running reports from Finance systems and then checking and analysing outputs
- Helping the team with scheduling of the work and gathering of business requirements
- Helping the team in answering queries on data and outputs
- Providing ad hoc support to the wider team as and when required
- You will also get exposure to a number of different projects and initiatives within the team, and the chance to participate and contribute in regular team meetings.
- Helping make Commercial Finance, and the Finance function in general, a better place to work
As a CIMA Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Professional Accounting or Taxation Technician Level 4 Apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses.
As a minimum, candidate will have 2 A levels with good grades in Maths and English (4+). Alternatively, you will have 2 years of work experience in financial services industry or customer services.
Personal Qualities & Skills:
- Good and confident communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of accuracy and good attention to detail
- Structured approach to work and very well organised
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good understanding of the MS Office (Word and PowerPoint)
- Confident in use of Excel
- Good numerical and analytical skills
- A proactive team player who is confident about working with others but also independently and can promptly escalate any issue and work remotely where required
- Logical and analytical approach coupled with intelligence, passion and a drive to learn
- Ability to formulate own opinions by thinking analytically about problems
We are looking for a confident individual with a positive outlook, can-do attitude and aspiration to want to progress.
The successful applicant will have strong desire to learn and a genuine interest in the financial services industry.
Applicants who succeed with us are self-motivated, conscientious, capable of building and maintaining relationships and work effectively as part of a team. We are looking for someone with an inquisitive and analytical nature.
This is a fixed term contract for 18 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the Apprentice performance, headcount and available funding. If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to the specific role/department.
About BPP Professional Apprenticeships
BPP is one of the UK’s largest providers of professional apprenticeship training. They work closely with some of the UK’s leading employers including RBS, EY and Starbucks to create unique opportunities for apprentices.
Who Are BPP Professional Apprenticeships?
BPP have been delivering professional qualifications for over 40 years. Training over 80,000 leaners each year, across areas including law, management, accountancy, insurance, banking, nursing, healthcare and more.
What BPP Professional Apprenticeships Offers
BPP's programmes are developed in partnership with employers and respected professionals. Their programmes offer recognised professional qualifications, with a clear pathway from one level to the next – all the way up to chartered status. Regardless of position, almost anyone can get involved. From entry-level talent, to the most senior leaders. Through an apprenticeship you’ll have the opportunity to develop a stronger, wider and deeper skill set.
Once you’re on your apprenticeship, you will be surrounded by BPP’s experts. Including dedicated Coaches who will support you through your journey, and Tutors who will provide their expertise on your chosen course. BPP’s flexible delivery blends digital learning with a face-to-face approach, and in some cases peer-to-peer learning, to help minimise disruption in your working environment.
- 0161 244 6471
BPP 5TH FLOOR, ST JAMES' BUILDING
79 OXFORD STREET
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert