Duration of Apprenticeship:
14 months fixed term contract
The Internal Audit team is critical to meeting our business ambitions whilst also protecting the interests of our customers by ensuring that decisions are made in line with our internal policies and are made with adequate scrutiny by relevant colleagues and stakeholders across the business. We look beyond financial risks and statements to consider wider issues such as the organisation's reputation, growth, its impact on the environment and the way we treat our customers and employees.
Every year an Audit Plan is developed based on the Internal Audit team’s view of emerging risk and areas of the business that need to be reviewed. The Audit Team starts their review by engaging colleagues working in the relevant business unit to understand their operations and their self-assessment of the risks they face and how these are managed. This is followed by a detailed evaluation of the business unit’ operations and processes, and the audit concludes with a written report that provides Senior Management with our assessment of this business unit, and where applicable suggested areas of improvement.
As an Internal Audit Apprentice within the Finance Audit Team you will be helping to deliver meaningful improvements across the business by engaging with stakeholders to identify risks faced by that business unit and improvements to how they operate and make decisions across a range of different business functions. This will enable you to gain a broad understanding of the business as well as building confidence & presentation skills through exposure to Senior Management.
Your daily activities may include assisting other members of the Audit Team to:
- Meeting colleagues from other business units, and taking notes to capture key points of the discussion.
- Helping the Audit Team in identifying information required from the business unit, for example, the team’s process documentation, etc
- Helping members of the Audit Team in drafting internal notes and papers to document the review and uploading these to the internal audit system.
- Supporting the Audit Lead in delivering the audit by helping them review internal papers and compliance with Internal Audit standards.
- Aiding in the Audit Team in internal discussions on observations to allow the audit lead to verify the validity of the findings.
- Providing ad hoc admin support to wider team as and when required.
- Proactively seek learning opportunities to develop knowledge and experience either through training or assignments.
- Acting with integrity, professionalism, and respect at all times to ensure that the Internal Audit function is seen in the correct light.
- Contribute to team activities and treat colleagues with respect to contribute to a positive team environment
As a Business Admin Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Level 3 Business Admin Apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses
As a minimum, candidate will have 2 Highers with good grades in Maths and English (A-C). Alternatively, you will have 2 years of work experience in financial services industry
Personal Qualities & Skills:
- Confident communication skills, both written and verbal with the whole team and stakeholders both internal and external.
- Efficient and proactive. Ability to manage processes and coordinating with different people.
- High level of accuracy and good attention to detail.
- Structured approach to work and very well organised. Works well off of checklists & time blocking/time management.
- Can effectively manage day to day work, alongside apprenticeship qualification.
- Moderate understanding of the MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- A proactive team player who is confident about working with others but also independently and can promptly escalate any issue and work remotely where required.
- Logical and analytical approach coupled with intelligence, passion and a drive to learn.
- Ability to formulate own opinions by thinking analytically about problems, thinking “outside the box” to resolve issues where required.
- Empathy and good listening skills.
We are looking for a confident individual with a positive outlook, can-do attitude and aspiration to want to progress.
The successful applicant will have strong desire to learn and a genuine interest in the financial services industry or Internal Audit career.
Applicants who succeed with us are self-motivated, capable of building and maintaining relationships and work effectively as part of a team.
The applicant would ideally have an inquisitive nature and be curious.
This is a fixed term contract for 14 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the Apprentice performance, headcount and available funding. If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to the specific role/department.