Investments Analytics Apprentice with M&G plc
- BPP PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- £26000.00 per annum - 35 hours per week
- Closing date
- 14 Apr 2023
- Banking & Financial Services
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Higher
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Duration of Apprenticeship:
21 months fixed term contract
The role within the Data Analytics team is to help manage and improve our existing analytics processes and develop new solutions that provide insights to our stakeholders. The candidate will have the right blend of business admin and project delivery management knowledge as well as an eagerness to learn new skills.
The role within the Analytics Experience team will interface with the other Transformation areas (Investment Data Platform, Investment Platform), programme delivery teams and various Front Office functions in helping to implement the Analytics Strategy.
Your daily activities may include assisting the Delivery managers to:
- Assist with basic delivery management and monitoring tasks such as updating Jira tickets, tracking progress and chasing stakeholders for status reports.
- Create KPI (Key Performance Indicator) reports and produce qualitative and quantitative data for the reporting processes of delivery and 3rd party management metrics
- Collate project statuses for in house reports
- Act as support admin for platform mailbox tool
- Produce the quarterly team newsletter and help coordinate team socials.
- Collect data and information for quarterly planning process
- Improve delivery dashboards and Jira dashboards to incorporate better reporting standards
- Querying data in SQL / updating dashboards and ensuring data and reporting accuracy
- Ensuring timeliness of KPI analysis delivery
- Produce presentation slides in Microsoft Powerpoint.
- Provide ad hoc admin support to wider team as and when required
As a Data Analyst Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses
As a minimum, candidate will have either 5 GCSEs or 2 A Levels with Maths and English grades 4+. Alternatively, you will have 2 years of work experience in financial services industry.
Personal Qualities & Skills:
We are looking for a confident individual with a positive outlook, can-do attitude and aspiration to want to progress.
The successful applicant will have strong desire to learn and a genuine interest in business and the financial services industry.
Applicants who succeed with us are self-motivated, capable of building and maintaining relationships and work effectively as part of a team.
The applicant would ideally have an inquisitive nature and be curious.
- Confident communication skills, both written and verbal with the whole team and stakeholders both internal and external.
- Efficient and proactive. Ability to manage processes and coordinating with different people.
- High level of accuracy and good attention to detail.
- Structured approach to work and very well organised. Works well off of checklists & time blocking/time management.
- Can effectively manage day to day work, alongside apprenticeship qualification.
- Moderate understanding of the MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Power BI).
- Basic understanding of JIRA and Confluence (training will be provided)
- A proactive team player who is confident about working with others but also independently and can promptly escalate any issue and work remotely where required.
- Logical and analytical approach coupled with intelligence, passion and a drive to learn.
- Ability to formulate own opinions by thinking analytically about problems, thinking “outside the box” to resolve issues where required.
- Empathy and good listening skills.
- Follow agile delivery methods and JIRA best practises
- Build strong relationships with project stakeholders
- Exposure to data visualisation tools - Power BI or equivalent is preferred
This is a fixed term contract 21 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the Apprentice performance, headcount and available funding. If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to the specific role/department.
About BPP Professional Apprenticeships
BPP is one of the UK’s largest providers of professional apprenticeship training. They work closely with some of the UK’s leading employers including RBS, EY and Starbucks to create unique opportunities for apprentices.
Who Are BPP Professional Apprenticeships?
BPP have been delivering professional qualifications for over 40 years. Training over 80,000 leaners each year, across areas including law, management, accountancy, insurance, banking, nursing, healthcare and more.
What BPP Professional Apprenticeships Offers
BPP's programmes are developed in partnership with employers and respected professionals. Their programmes offer recognised professional qualifications, with a clear pathway from one level to the next – all the way up to chartered status. Regardless of position, almost anyone can get involved. From entry-level talent, to the most senior leaders. Through an apprenticeship you’ll have the opportunity to develop a stronger, wider and deeper skill set.
Once you’re on your apprenticeship, you will be surrounded by BPP’s experts. Including dedicated Coaches who will support you through your journey, and Tutors who will provide their expertise on your chosen course. BPP’s flexible delivery blends digital learning with a face-to-face approach, and in some cases peer-to-peer learning, to help minimise disruption in your working environment.
- 0161 244 6471
BPP 5TH FLOOR, ST JAMES' BUILDING
79 OXFORD STREET
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert