Junior Finance Risk Apprentice with M&G plc
- BPP PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- Craigforth, Stirling
- £22000.00 per annum - 35 hours per week
- Closing date
- 22 Apr 2023
- Banking & Financial Services
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Duration of Apprenticeship:
14 months fixed term contract
We look after pensions and savings for people from all walks of life. We invest on their behalf to help them meet their financial aims, such as having a secure income in retirement.
You would have the opportunity to work across a number of business areas at M&G plc, including the insurance company (Prudential Assurance Company, or PAC), the asset manager (M&G Group) as well as the parent company.
The Financial Risk team at M&G plc works across all of these business areas to oversee a wide range of risks, from new products and funds, risks to the company’s balance sheet and cash holdings, economic surprises and many other aspects of risk.
Your daily activities may include assisting the team to:
- Collating information for regular Risk & Compliance reporting to meetings and committees
- Assisting with power point presentations
- Data entry and processing (normally using MS Excel)
- Report writing
- Assisting the team with Risk investigations - this could include attending meetings, collating information, assisting with data
- Helping to test our Risk & Compliance Controls and making sure the evidence is saved down properly
- Attending the weekly team meeting and monthly department townhalls
- Ensuring correct filing of documents within MS Teams
- Providing ad hoc admin support to wider team as and when required
As a Business Admin Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses
As a minimum, candidate will have 2 Highers with good grades in Maths and English (A-C) or another numerate subject. Being comfortable with numbers would allow you to succeed in the role with greater ease.
Personal Qualities & Skills:
- A proactive team player who is comfortable about working with others but also independently on occasion.
- Can work effectively in a hybrid environment, dividing time between office and working from home.
- Able to communicate clearly, both written and verbal to a range of different people.
- Ability to think through a processes and coordinating with different people.
- High level of accuracy and good attention to detail.
- Enjoys working with numbers and problem solving and able to clearly communicate findings to others
- Can effectively manage day to day work, alongside apprenticeship qualification.
- Moderate understanding of the MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Logical and analytical approach coupled with intelligence, passion and a drive to learn.
- Ability to formulate own opinions by thinking analytically about problems, thinking “outside the box” to resolve issues where required.
- Empathy and good listening skills.
We are looking for an individual with a positive outlook, can-do attitude and aspiration to want to progress and build a career.
The successful applicant will have strong desire to learn and a genuine interest in business and the financial services industry.
Applicants who succeed with us are self-motivated, work well with others and effectively as part of a team and enjoy numbers and solving problems.
The applicant would ideally have an inquisitive analytical nature and be curious.
This is a fixed term contract for 14 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the Apprentice performance, headcount and available funding. If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to the specific role/department.
About BPP Professional Apprenticeships
BPP is one of the UK’s largest providers of professional apprenticeship training. They work closely with some of the UK’s leading employers including RBS, EY and Starbucks to create unique opportunities for apprentices.
Who Are BPP Professional Apprenticeships?
BPP have been delivering professional qualifications for over 40 years. Training over 80,000 leaners each year, across areas including law, management, accountancy, insurance, banking, nursing, healthcare and more.
What BPP Professional Apprenticeships Offers
BPP's programmes are developed in partnership with employers and respected professionals. Their programmes offer recognised professional qualifications, with a clear pathway from one level to the next – all the way up to chartered status. Regardless of position, almost anyone can get involved. From entry-level talent, to the most senior leaders. Through an apprenticeship you’ll have the opportunity to develop a stronger, wider and deeper skill set.
Once you’re on your apprenticeship, you will be surrounded by BPP’s experts. Including dedicated Coaches who will support you through your journey, and Tutors who will provide their expertise on your chosen course. BPP’s flexible delivery blends digital learning with a face-to-face approach, and in some cases peer-to-peer learning, to help minimise disruption in your working environment.
- 0161 244 6471
BPP 5TH FLOOR, ST JAMES' BUILDING
79 OXFORD STREET
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert