Junior Investment Operations Analyst Apprentice with M&G plc
- BPP PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- £26000.00 per annum - 35 hours per week
- Closing date
- 31 Mar 2023
- Banking & Financial Services
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Higher
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Duration of Apprenticeship:
18 months fixed term contract
The successful applicant will have a varied role working as part of an experienced and busy dealing team across many different financial products and will be involved for example with the daily cash management of investment portfolios, reconciliation, client liaison, project work and producing management reports.
This apprenticeship will give the successful candidate a practical introduction to the management and operation of an investment firm, whilst providing early exposure to a range of business experiences. Due to the breadth of markets managed by the Cash and Currency investment team this role will provide the successful candidate the unique chance to work with all areas of the business and across many different disciplines. This opportunity would suit a candidate who is confident with numbers and has a broad interest in a dealing type financial markets role.
The Cash and Currency Investments team are responsible for cash management, foreign exchange and securities lending across M&G plc. This includes management of cash mandates, order raising and execution of foreign exchange, and securities lending across equities and fixed assets.
As an Apprentice, you will use a variety of different investment applications, and you will become an integral part of the team. You will be fully trained and supported throughout your apprenticeship on how to use these applications whilst also developing your knowledge of the investment business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing assistance to the Dealing Team
- Cash positioning across investment portfolios
- Cash reconciliation and assisting with resolution and escalation
- Providing business admin ad hoc support to the team where required
- Providing data extracts and management reports where required
- Developing knowledge and application of the Investment platform
- Developing work relationships across operations
- Developing business relationships with Fund Managers
- Engaging on a variety of projects with the broader M&G Investments business colleagues
- You will also get exposure to a number of different projects and initiatives within the team, and the chance to participate and contribute in regular team meetings
As a Investment Operations Specialist Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Level 4 Investment Operations Specialist Apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses
As a minimum, candidate will have either 5 GCSEs or 2 A levels with good grades in Maths and English 4+. Alternatively, you will have 2 years of work experience in financial services industry.
Personal Qualities & Skills:
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of accuracy and good attention to detail
- Can effectively manage day to day work, alongside apprenticeship qualification
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good understanding of the MS Office (Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Strong Excel spreadsheet skills
- A proactive team player who is confident about working independently
- Logical and analytical approach coupled with intelligence, passion and a drive to learn
- Confident individual
- Positive outlook
- Keen desire to learn and develop
- Keen to start their career in a financial services industry
- Efficient and methodical approach within their work role
The successful applicant will have strong desire to learn and a genuine interest in Investment Management.
Applicants who succeed with us are self-motivated, capable of building and maintaining relationships and work effectively as part of a team.
The applicant would ideally have an inquisitive and analytical nature and be curious.
This is a fixed term contract for 18 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the Apprentice performance, headcount and available funding. If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to the specific role/department.
About BPP Professional Apprenticeships
BPP is one of the UK’s largest providers of professional apprenticeship training. They work closely with some of the UK’s leading employers including RBS, EY and Starbucks to create unique opportunities for apprentices.
Who Are BPP Professional Apprenticeships?
BPP have been delivering professional qualifications for over 40 years. Training over 80,000 leaners each year, across areas including law, management, accountancy, insurance, banking, nursing, healthcare and more.
What BPP Professional Apprenticeships Offers
BPP's programmes are developed in partnership with employers and respected professionals. Their programmes offer recognised professional qualifications, with a clear pathway from one level to the next – all the way up to chartered status. Regardless of position, almost anyone can get involved. From entry-level talent, to the most senior leaders. Through an apprenticeship you’ll have the opportunity to develop a stronger, wider and deeper skill set.
Once you’re on your apprenticeship, you will be surrounded by BPP’s experts. Including dedicated Coaches who will support you through your journey, and Tutors who will provide their expertise on your chosen course. BPP’s flexible delivery blends digital learning with a face-to-face approach, and in some cases peer-to-peer learning, to help minimise disruption in your working environment.
- 0161 244 6471
BPP 5TH FLOOR, ST JAMES' BUILDING
79 OXFORD STREET
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert