Junior Product Apprentice with M&G plc
- BPP PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- London (Greater)
- £26000.00 per annum - 35 hours per week
- Closing date
- 14 Apr 2023
- Banking & Financial Services
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Higher
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Duration of Apprenticeship:
19 months fixed term contract
The Product team sits within M&G Group and is responsible for ongoing development and management of the fund ranges.
Your daily duties may include:
- New Product Development; supporting the development of ideas from concept stage through to completion of feasibility, contributing to development of project proposal and business approvals;
- Existing Product Management; supporting ongoing, proactive management of existing product set to ensure it remains fully fit for purpose in terms of customers’ expectations, pricing, profitability and the prevailing regulatory environment;
- Support in conducting of strategic range reviews, post launch reviews, and annual fund and mandate reviews;
- Work with a variety of business colleagues including Investment teams, Distribution channels, Compliance, Risk and Finance to ensure product initiatives fit with the overall business plan;
- Support the evaluation of a range of potential solutions considering the impact for customers, costs and risks;
- Support the production of feasibility studies (which are draft project proposal documents) to a high quality;
- Support implementation of projects;
- Attending project working group meetings, drafting product specifications, dealing with ad-hoc project queries, and supporting the drafting of fund documentation and investor communication materials;
- Ensuring all product activities are conducted in a compliant manner that places the end investor at the heart of all decision making;
- Develop knowledge on market and consumer trends and regulation.
As an Associate Project Manager Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Associate Project Manager Level 4 Apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses
As a minimum, candidate will have either 5 GCSEs or 2 A levels with good grades in Maths and English 4+. Alternatively, you will have 2 years of work experience in financial services industry.
Personal Qualities & Skills:
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Good knowledge of desktop tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Highly self-motivated, with strong ability to work under own initiative
- Analytical and conceptual thinking; ability to form own opinions by thinking analytically about problems
- Drive to learn and ability to deliver towards set deadlines
We are looking for a motivated and confident individual with a positive outlook, can-do attitude and aspiration to want to progress.
The successful applicant will have strong desire to learn and a genuine interest in the financial services industry.
Applicants who succeed with us are self-motivated, capable of building and maintaining relationships and work effectively as part of a team or individually.
The applicant would ideally have an inquisitive and analytical nature and be curious and keen to learn and develop.
This is a fixed term contract for 19 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the Apprentice performance, headcount and available funding. If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to the specific role/department.
About BPP Professional Apprenticeships
BPP is one of the UK’s largest providers of professional apprenticeship training. They work closely with some of the UK’s leading employers including RBS, EY and Starbucks to create unique opportunities for apprentices.
Who Are BPP Professional Apprenticeships?
BPP have been delivering professional qualifications for over 40 years. Training over 80,000 leaners each year, across areas including law, management, accountancy, insurance, banking, nursing, healthcare and more.
What BPP Professional Apprenticeships Offers
BPP's programmes are developed in partnership with employers and respected professionals. Their programmes offer recognised professional qualifications, with a clear pathway from one level to the next – all the way up to chartered status. Regardless of position, almost anyone can get involved. From entry-level talent, to the most senior leaders. Through an apprenticeship you’ll have the opportunity to develop a stronger, wider and deeper skill set.
Once you’re on your apprenticeship, you will be surrounded by BPP’s experts. Including dedicated Coaches who will support you through your journey, and Tutors who will provide their expertise on your chosen course. BPP’s flexible delivery blends digital learning with a face-to-face approach, and in some cases peer-to-peer learning, to help minimise disruption in your working environment.
- 0161 244 6471
BPP 5TH FLOOR, ST JAMES' BUILDING
79 OXFORD STREET
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert