Junior Risk Apprentice with M&G plc
- BPP PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- Craigforth, Stirling
- £22000.00 per annum - 35 hours per week
- Closing date
- 22 Apr 2023
- Banking & Financial Services
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Duration of Apprenticeship:
14 month fixed term contract
As a Risk Apprentice you will support both teams with the following key duties:
- Maintenance and administrative support of the company wide risk reporting system including system updates and changes
- Conduct regular ‘health checks’ on risk system data to ensure minimum standards are met and advise where this is not the case
- Support the development, production and distribution of enterprise and operational risk reporting
- Provide secretariat support to relevant governance committees
- Support the maintenance and updates of relevant risk policies, frameworks and standards documentation for use across the business
- Supporting on other Enterprise Risk Management and Operational Risk processes as required
- Working flexibly and building constructive working relationships with teams across Enterprise and Operational Risk and M&G plc
As a Business Administration Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses
As a minimum, candidate will have 5 National 5s with good grades in Maths and English (A-C). Alternatively, you will have 2 years of work experience in financial services industry or customer services
Personal Qualities & Skills:
We are looking for confident individual with a positive outlook, can-do attitude and aspiration to want to progress
The successful applicant will have strong desire to learn and a genuine interest in Risk Management industry
Applicants who succeed with us are self-motivated, capable of building and maintaining relationships and work effectively as part of a team
This role requires strong organisation skills
The applicant would ideally have an inquisitive and analytical nature and be keen to learn
- Good and confident communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of accuracy and good attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills in order to identify key themes and suggest solutions
- Structured approach to work and very well organised
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate key processes and procedures
- Moderate understanding of the MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A proactive team player who is confident about working with others but also independently and can promptly escalate any issue and work remotely where required
This is a fixed term contract for 14 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the Apprentice performance, headcount and available funding. If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to the specific role/department.
About BPP Professional Apprenticeships
BPP is one of the UK’s largest providers of professional apprenticeship training. They work closely with some of the UK’s leading employers including RBS, EY and Starbucks to create unique opportunities for apprentices.
Who Are BPP Professional Apprenticeships?
BPP have been delivering professional qualifications for over 40 years. Training over 80,000 leaners each year, across areas including law, management, accountancy, insurance, banking, nursing, healthcare and more.
What BPP Professional Apprenticeships Offers
BPP's programmes are developed in partnership with employers and respected professionals. Their programmes offer recognised professional qualifications, with a clear pathway from one level to the next – all the way up to chartered status. Regardless of position, almost anyone can get involved. From entry-level talent, to the most senior leaders. Through an apprenticeship you’ll have the opportunity to develop a stronger, wider and deeper skill set.
Once you’re on your apprenticeship, you will be surrounded by BPP’s experts. Including dedicated Coaches who will support you through your journey, and Tutors who will provide their expertise on your chosen course. BPP’s flexible delivery blends digital learning with a face-to-face approach, and in some cases peer-to-peer learning, to help minimise disruption in your working environment.
- 0161 244 6471
BPP 5TH FLOOR, ST JAMES' BUILDING
79 OXFORD STREET
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert