- Transport for London
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 7 Apr 2023
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Degree
- Start Date
- 24 months+
You will complete a two-week induction and three to four weeks of work experience as a Customer Service Assistant at a station. This will give you invaluable front-line experience and understanding of the customer facing element of working for a transport organisation.
Your apprenticeship programme will then incorporate working in two to three different TfL placements each year. Placements will be chosen with you to complement your studies. The placements will allow you to gain the skills, experience and behaviours required to complete the Apprenticeship and for your future career.
Placements will be available across three categories: i) within the TfL Sustainability and Corporate Environment team, ii) in other teams where sustainability and environment is a direct part of the role and iii) other teams within TfL where the placement will be approached through the lens of environment and sustainability. Examples are shown below.
- Corporate strategy - Developing, implementing and communicating overall strategies and plans to achieve environmental goals and tracking and reporting progress.
- Sustainability - Developing, implementing and communicating overall strategies and plans to achieve sustainability goals, providing governance, training and stakeholder engagement and building partnerships.
- Energy & Carbon - Developing detailed plans to tackle our energy consumption, increase renewable energy and reduce carbon emissions.
- Technical Advice teams - Providing specialist environmental advice and support to our operations and construction teams, including undertaking specialist environmental activity.
- Facilities Operations – environment - Utility management and energy efficiency in TfL offices
- Property Management – sustainability team - Embedding environment & sustainability strategy into management of tenants
- Engineering - environmental team - Environmental and sustainability considerations in transport engineering
- Transport Strategy & Policy - Development and implementation of London-wide environmental transport policy
- Procurement - responsible procurement - Implementation of the TfL Responsible Procurement Policy
- Operational and construction teams (in LU, Buses, Trams, DLR or London Overground) - Strengthening environmental and sustainability input to the teams
- Communications, city planning, business strategy, human resources, technology & data, finance and project management - Strengthening environmental and sustainability input to the teams
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert