Regulatory Reporting Apprentice with M&G plc
- BPP PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- £26000.00 per annum - 35 hours per week
- Closing date
- 22 Apr 2023
- Banking & Financial Services
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Duration of Apprenticeship:
15 months fixed term contract
The Position Reporting team cover obligations related to the following:
Shareholder Reporting: At its core this is about disclosing to global markets the controlling interest we have in various companies around the world. In addition we undertake activities in relation to sensitive industries such as those involved with defence or utilities, in order to ensure enhanced obligations are met.
Periodic Reporting: In essence this is quarterly or annual obligation to inform regulators of various information in relation to our funds or our legal entities. This information can vary from risk focussed liquidity data to accounting data such as Assets Under Management (AUM) or Net Asset Values (NAV).
Your daily activities will include:
- Daily monitoring of data quality
- Responding to client/company queries
- Investigation and implementation of new funds/instruments
- Maintaining proper systems and controls to ensure integrity of Regulatory Reporting data.
- Ensuring that M&G Group entities understand the reporting requirements relating to the assets managed.
- Ensure Statutory/Regulatory disclosures are provided to Companies & Regulatory bodies within designated timescales.
- Ensure all quarterly reporting is supplied to Regulatory bodies in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist and support in the creation and maintenance of Management Information (MI) & Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Assist in the implementation of appropriate systems, processes, controls and procedures resulting from Regulatory, Organisational and Strategic changes impacting the function.
As a Compliance and Risk Officer Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Compliance and Risk Officer Level 3 Apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses
As a minimum, candidate will have either 5 GCSEs or 2 A levels with good grades in Maths and English 4+. Alternatively, you will have 2 years of work experience in financial services industry.
Personal Qualities & Skills:
- Confident communication skills, both written and verbal, with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Efficient and proactive. Ability to manage processes and coordinating with different people.
- High level of accuracy and good attention to detail.
- Structured approach to work and very well organised. Works well off of checklists & time blocking/time management.
- Can effectively manage day to day work, alongside apprenticeship qualification.
- Moderate understanding of the MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- A proactive team player who is confident about working with others but also independently and can promptly escalate any issue and work remotely where required.
- Logical and analytical approach coupled with intelligence, passion and a drive to learn.
- Ability to formulate own opinions by thinking analytically about problems, thinking “outside the box” to resolve issues where required.
- Empathy and good listening skills.
We are looking for a confident individual with a positive outlook, and a desire to develop themselves as a Regulatory Reporting Analyst.
The successful applicant will have strong desire to learn and a genuine interest in business and the financial services industry.
Applicants who succeed with us are self-motivated, capable of building and maintaining relationships and work effectively as part of a team.
The applicant would ideally have a pro-active nature and be curious.
This is a fixed term contract for 15 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the Apprentice performance, headcount and available funding. If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to the specific role/department.
About BPP Professional Apprenticeships
BPP is one of the UK’s largest providers of professional apprenticeship training. They work closely with some of the UK’s leading employers including RBS, EY and Starbucks to create unique opportunities for apprentices.
Who Are BPP Professional Apprenticeships?
BPP have been delivering professional qualifications for over 40 years. Training over 80,000 leaners each year, across areas including law, management, accountancy, insurance, banking, nursing, healthcare and more.
What BPP Professional Apprenticeships Offers
BPP's programmes are developed in partnership with employers and respected professionals. Their programmes offer recognised professional qualifications, with a clear pathway from one level to the next – all the way up to chartered status. Regardless of position, almost anyone can get involved. From entry-level talent, to the most senior leaders. Through an apprenticeship you’ll have the opportunity to develop a stronger, wider and deeper skill set.
Once you’re on your apprenticeship, you will be surrounded by BPP’s experts. Including dedicated Coaches who will support you through your journey, and Tutors who will provide their expertise on your chosen course. BPP’s flexible delivery blends digital learning with a face-to-face approach, and in some cases peer-to-peer learning, to help minimise disruption in your working environment.
- 0161 244 6471
BPP 5TH FLOOR, ST JAMES' BUILDING
79 OXFORD STREET
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert