Duration of Apprenticeship:
14 months fixed term contract
As a Technology Procurement Assistant Apprentice your daily duties will include:
- Supporting the Team in delivery of an excellent procurement service to internal customers and third party suppliers, driving efficiencies and savings for the business
- Supporting delivery of business strategy and third party supply chain control
- Managing internal customers queries
- Being the point of contact for third party suppliers regarding procurement activity within the function
- Working with supplier contracts including reviewing, signature and deployment of ‘fit for purpose’
- Working with a variety of business colleagues and building strong working relationships with core centralized teams (such as IT Security, Legal and Financial Crime)
- Driving continuous improvement for the processes within their team and wider across the Commercial function
- Understanding our Code of Conduct and how it applies to your work. Complying with all relevant policies, including mandatory training
- Attending meetings and supporting implementation of projects
- Developing knowledge of the market and supplier chain regulations
As a Business Administration Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses
As a minimum, candidate will have either 5 National 5s with Maths and English grades 4+ or 2 Highers with good grades in Maths and English (A-C). Alternatively, you will have 2 years of work experience in financial services industry
Personal Qualities & Skills:
Confident communication skills, both written and verbal
Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders with ease
Ability to manage processes and coordinating with different people
Strong customer service awareness
Empathy and good listening skills
Efficient, proactive, structured approach to work and very well organised. Works well off of checklists & time blocking/time management
High level of accuracy and good attention to detail
Can effectively manage day to day work, alongside apprenticeship qualification
Moderate understanding of the MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
A proactive team player who is confident about working with others but also independently and can promptly escalate any issue and work remotely where required
Logical and analytical approach coupled with intelligence, passion and a drive to learn
Ability to formulate own opinions by thinking analytically about problems, thinking “outside the box” to resolve issues where required
We are looking for a confident individual with a positive outlook, can-do attitude and aspiration to want to progress.
The successful applicant will have strong desire to learn and a genuine interest in business and the financial services industry.
Applicants who succeed with us are self-motivated, capable of building and maintaining relationships and work effectively as part of a team.
The applicant would ideally have an inquisitive nature and be curious.
This is a fixed term contract for 14 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the Apprentice performance, headcount and available funding. If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to the specific role/department.