Administration and Estimator Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- Uddingston, Glasgow
- Salary - £12,000 per annum
- Closing date
- 22 Apr 2023
- Construction & Property, Supply Chain & Transport
- Role Type
- Start Date
FP McCann is a family ran business; with a Head Office based in Uddingston, they are keen to support and nurture junior talent and support internal promotion. FP McCann are keen to recruit another enthusiastic apprentice into their friendly, hardworking team. The last apprentice hired has achieved several promotions and has become a valued member of their close-knit team!
You'll be supported from day 1! FP McCann will pair you with a dedicated mentor who will show you the ropes! You will be shadowing different departments, familiarising yourself with the company's products and services to ensure you will feel comfortable in your new apprenticeship role.
- Salary - £12,000 per annum Working hours - Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm (37.5 hours) 28 days holiday Pension
What future opportunities will be there?
- There are excellent opportunities for progression within the company, with a strong focus on continued learning and personal development. Salary reviews will be considered at manager's discretion.
Interested? Apply Today
What will you do in the short term?
Initially you will spend time learning about the products we sell.
When you are confident with the products we offer, you’ll be shown how to collate quotations, using our bespoke computer software, from here you will start to complete your own quotations under the guidance of a mentor.
What will you do in the longer term?
As you become more experienced in the role, you will be responsible for producing and managing multiple quotations whilst also learning how to convert an enquiry to an order. Whilst still supported you will have less reliance on your mentor.
You will also be introduced to other areas of the department with involvement in design, planning and production to broaden your overall knowledge.
- Do you have an open mind and keen to learn? Are you enthusiastic and able to work part of team? Are you keen to work for an organisation who supports internal skills?
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.” For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert