Apprentice Nursery Practitioner Preston Park
- Inspiro Learning
- Brighton, East Sussex
- £293.25 - £406.72 per week
- Closing date
- 22 Apr 2023
- Education & Training
- Public Sector / Government
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
We are looking for an Apprentice Nursery Practitioner at our Brighton nursery.
Looking to start your career in Early Years? We are looking for people who want to work towards a Level 2 or Level 3 in Childcare. This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career with the prospect to gain further responsibility and promotion once qualified.
Why work with us? Because we know our staff are our most valuable asset.
- Highly Competitive Salary - Higher than the apprentice wage
- 20% Childcare Discount
- Generous Sickness Entitlement
- Employee Assistance Programme for Staff Mental Health Wellbeing and Support
- Regular Socials for all Nursery Teams
- Weekly Fitness Classes
- Interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- Free Enhanced DBS Checks
- Well-Established Career Path and Training Opportunities
- Fresh Fruit, Tea & Coffee available for all staff
- Hopscotch staff need to demonstrate above all else a genuine love for children.
- Satisfactory Enhanced DBS check
- To implement and promote all Hopscotch policies and the Staff Rules.
- To have an understanding of children's development, their needs and the provision of positive play.
- To care for and supervise the group of children assigned to them, and to ensure their safety at all times.
- To take an interest in the children and their families, to treat them as individuals and with respect at all times.
- To create an interesting and stimulating environment for the child to develop all their skills.
- To provide at all times a warm and caring environment for babies and to be as consistent as possible regarding that environment.
- To provide support for any children with special needs and to liaise with senior members of staff to promote their welfare and development.
- To ensure positive management of children’s behaviour.
- To carry out housekeeping duties as appropriate.
- To ensure the ethos, implementation and legal requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- To support senior members of staff to ensure put appropriate Child Protection procedures into practice.
- To attend regular out of hours training sessions as directed by course tutors in order to complete Level 2 Childcare Qualification.
- To go about your duties with a positive and enthusiastic attitude - to be organised, efficient, confident, hardworking and conscientious.
- To promote at all times good relations between staff members, parents and children, and at all times promote the good name and ethos of Hopscotch.
- To cover any other staff responsibilities as appropriate at the request of the Manager, particularly taking into account that unforeseen situations can occur when looking after children, and that the child's care and welfare is paramount at all times.
As an apprentice you will be included on a L2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard with Inspiro Learning. This will involve one to one training with a Regional Trainer who will meet with you on a regular basis.
Whilst on the apprenticeship you will be entitled to an NUS card https://www.apprenticeextra.co.uk/
To become an apprentice, you must:
- be 16 or over
- not already be in full-time education
You can have a previous qualification like a degree and still start an apprenticeship.
As an apprentice you’ll:
- have regular one to one sessions with a dedicated trainer either remotely or through visits to your workplace
- learn and train for a specific job
- get paid and receive holiday leave
- get hands-on experience in a real job
- study for at least 20% of your working hours
- complete assessments during and at the end of your apprenticeship
- be on a career path with lots of future potential
What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a real job where you learn, gain experience and get paid. You’re an employee with a contract of employment and holiday leave. By the end of an apprenticeship, you'll have the right skills and knowledge needed for your chosen career.
Inspiro are one the UK’s largest apprenticeship providers. We’ve grown our business by growing professionals — designing employer-led programmes that provide life-changing, career-shaping skills and experiences for their employees.
Throughout the country, our teams are at work across a range of consumer-focused sectors, from social care and hospitality to retail and automotive and lots in-between. While every programme is underpinned by a proven and robust delivery model, each is tailored to our partner’s ambitions, requirements and strategy — it all starts with your needs.
- 0800 731 8199
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert