IT Support Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- M15 5PB, Manchester
- £13,500 per annum.
- Closing date
- 14 Apr 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Loreto College is a Roman Catholic sixth form college in Hulme, Manchester, England.
We are committed to enabling students to develop academically, spiritually and personally in education after high school.
Loreto College are currently looking for an IT Support Technician Apprentice.
The Apprentice will work as part of a team to assist staff and students in using all forms of IT equipment in the College and assist in the running and development of the College IT infrastructure.
The Apprentice will report to the Principal through the Head of Information Systems and Network Manager & IT Support Team Leader.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide 1st line IT support to staff and students
- Use the college Service Desk solution to manage and prioritise your workload under the direction of the IT Support Team Leader
- Install and support college IT hardware - computers, printers, telephones
- Provide support for applications deployed to college devices
- Use Active Directory to create and modify users and other objects
- Produce support documentation where required
- Provide IT Support for college events
- Provide support to end users in connecting to the Wireless network
- Completing routine room checks and asset audits as part of a proactive approach to support
What we are looking for:
- Ability to use own initiative as well as working effectively as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise own workload
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Basic troubleshooting skills
- Excellent attention to detail and self-organisation
- Willingness to learn and share
- Positive and professional attitude towards work
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
£13,500 per annum.
- 22 days holiday and bank holidays
- Public sector pension scheme for employees
A full-time or permanent role is potentially available for apprentices after successfully completing their apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert