Application Support Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- MK9 1NA, Milton Keynes
- £13,000 - £15,000 per annum.
- Closing date
- 22 Apr 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Here at Kinetic we are the UK’s leading supplier of event management and student accommodation
software to the higher education sector. Our team of 75 people work out of our Milton Keynes (HQ) and Ludlow offices in the UK and from our US office, generating annual revenues of around £10m; we’re growing at around 15% per annum.
We’re owned by Constellation Software Inc., one of the largest software groups in the world, providing fantastic opportunities for benchmarking, sharing best practice and learning.
Kinetic proudly supports 84% of UK and Irish universities, 60 universities in North America, as well as unique venues such as Lords Cricket Ground and the Merlin Group with our deep and powerful software offering. The culture at Kinetic is one of passion, drive and fun where everyone pulls together to deliver an outstanding customer experience, growth and profit.
We support personal development and build on individual strengths, providing options for career progression across our business.
We are looking for an Applications Support Apprentice to join our established Support Team.
- Resolve logged calls to pre-agreed internal or client SLA
- Manage client support requirements in priority order
- Timely and appropriate escalation of calls to relevant expertise
- On-going maintenance of accurate and detailed client records on Support
System to ensure all other Kx users understand actions, decisions and
- Flag potential failures against SLAs in a timely fashion to enable escalation
- Accurately log email support requests onto Kx Support System
- Timely and accurate communication with Account Managers and Project
managers to ensure they understand client status or risks
- Timely and accurate communication to Account Managers when client support
calls are re-allocated back to them
- Provide timely, accurate and appropriate communication with Clients to ensure they are kept informed of actions being taken
- Escalation of client issues before Kx reputation becomes at risk
Ideally, an applicant would have:
- Good understanding of basic IT infrastructure terms and concepts.
- A knowledge of relational databases.
- Experience of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Active Listening
o Asking questions
o Verbal/Non-verbal communication
o Written communication
- Customer Service
o Active listening
o Interpersonal skills
o Attention to detail
- Time Management
- Transferable Skills
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
£13,000 to £15,000 per annum.
- Being part of an exciting team & working within a thrilling industry
- 25 days holiday annually and public holidays in addition
- Excellent training and support with natural potential to develop further
- A company portal of staff benefits, which is customisable by you including
- private health care, life assurance, personal development, cinema tickets, wide
- range of discounts at retailers and much more!
- Paid company wellbeing day
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there will be an opportunity to join Kinetic on a full-time basis where future development will be encouraged.
General Careers information:
Kinetic Software - Join our team
Further Company Information:
Kinetic - Student Accommodation and Event Management Software (kineticsoftware.com)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert